Question about Eagle and Gerber-files...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When I make gerber-files from Eagle I do like this:

1: ULP -> drillcfg
and save the file

2: Cam -> File -> Open -> Job -> excellon.cam
I select GERBER_RS274X as Output device. Is that correct or should i use EXCELLON?
Then I process the job.

3: Cam -> File -> Open -> Job -> gerb274x.cam
I process the job.

But when im importing the files in GC-prevue I get errors.

First, the drl-file is not supported so GC will not import it.

If I the other files it says: "Drill T1 was not found in table r001. Do you want to add to the table?" Then every imported file is ok except from the one named .gpi. The gpi-file generates a whole bunch of errors.

If I import all files except the .drl and the .gpi-files I get no errors what so ever.

Is it supposed to be like this or must the .gpi-file and .drl-file be imported to? I have search and cant come up with a solution. Please help :xeye:

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
In the control panel wndow expand the CAM Jobs section. Then double click the excellon.cam file, enter your information, and process the job. Do the same for gerb274x.cam and you should have all the files you need. I don't bother with gerbers as I can see if the parts are properly place in the layout editor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.