Is there any way to......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Had a bad drive home from work today. I got stuck within a couple of car lengths of the most annoying thump machine I have heard to date. Oh it was impressive! Shook the dirt from all the nooks and crannies of my poor old bug......for three stop lights in a row! He ended up following me down my street ! I finally just turned my radio off since it was of no use to me for those 5-7 excruciating minutes.

So, is there anyway I could jam it? I'd like to make HIM turn his system off for fear it was blowing up.

Sorry I'm defiling this normally real nice site with these thoughts of retribution and vengance but man, it was bad!

I'm serious though. I've read about radar jammers that basically override the source signal. Anyway you could do that against the D/A converter in a cars CD player or head unit from 30-40ft.

Alright, I starting to smile again, but I'm still serious. Any Sig-Int guys out there who might be able to educate me?

R/

Jim

If you find a way, I'd like to hear it. A lot of these one note pieces of crap are apparently tuned to a resonant frequency in my ear, as several of them actually cause me physical pain in my ears. It'd be nice to figure something out that isn't permanent, (okay, premanent is fun, but not good karma) that could be done remotely and discreetly.

Unfortunately, I think we have to talk with Q of James Bond fame to get such a device.

2L,
Some years ago I had some poorly filtered 6m ham radios in the car.

These used to knock the heck out of other consumer electronics.

Set off car alarms all over town while transmitting.

More than likely, your subject is playing a cd and it will take more than a little RFI to scare him into silence.

That kind of induction current isen't going to exist in a car.
You might have to turn your bug into a giant transformer of significant power to induce a signal into that.

The other choices are to stop for a beverage, and let the idiot pass.

Think about his future.
Being profoundly deaf by 45 and not being able to enjoy his music at all. Then toast to stupidity and resume your trip from miles behind the ninney. Laugh very hard.

Later dude
Jack Crow in Kuwait

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Jim,

Strap these to the top of your car.

Attachments

• img_7652.jpg
    img_7652.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 123
Is there a way to?

Hi

A short term solution: If you can, get your man in a traffic jam. Make an excuse to exit your car and ram a raw potato up his tailpipe.

Long term: The same scenario (in a traffic jam) but this time, shove a few dead sardines up his tailpipe. I got this idea from The Godfather 1...

Hey, I thought this site was good, clean fun?

bulgin

Actually, i have a pretty specific beef with these idiots. You just installed two grand worth of low-fi amperage drain just to annoy others, and the only thing that REALLY pops that vein in my forehead is that you can't seem to figure out how to KEEP YOUR G@D@MN&D LICENSE PLATE FROM RATTLING LIKE A BRAIN DAMAGED CIRCUS BEAR WITH A TAMBORINE!

I kind of like Cal's suggestion. That would go nicely with the four million candle-power spots that I'll have aimed rearward for the jacked up "monster truck" wannabe blinding me through my rearview.

I guess I'm just gettin old.

Seems like I'm not alone.

I wonder what it sounds like inside.

Yeah, I though about trying to compete as far as volume and wattage but it just isn't interesting enough to me to spend the cash on. Besides, it just don't seem right.

Imagine - A bespecticled mid lifer wearing ear plugs, sittin' in a lowered orange VW bug, jammin' out to the theme from Route 66 at 110db while waiting for the light to turn green. :whazzat:

What a picture!!

Cal, think I could fit that on my roof rack?

r/

Jim

Hi,

I'm not so old physically and I'm all for cars with a little power... mostly where the rubber hits the road.

I have a race shop a few buildings down and also kind of live on the corner of the main drag with a few banks and post office nearby.

I get to hear about 30 "thumpers" a day, with maybe 2 or three that actually shake the floor I stand on, which is 8' underground and cement.

Alot of exhaust systems are just as annoying (race shop) town buses..

You know what irks me the most though, it's these BBEEEEP BEEP...... BEEEEEP BEEP...... 160dB high pitched beepers they install for helping the blind (with seeing eye dogs) cross the street... guess they want em deaf too. You can actually hear them from over 1/4 mile away.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.