Do you have a copy of this book?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi anatech

My generous friend loaned me the book some years ago. I read it from cover to cover and returned it after a few weeks. When he gave it to me yesterday, he told me he had 3 originally. The second he also gave to another friend.

The content is heavy going but fascinating and still useful.

Besides vintage gear, I also have a small collection of old audio books - some British, some American. And of course, piles of hifi mags... I hear you can't take anything with you - or can you?

A fine weekend to ye all

bulgin

I bought a copy of this book whilst still at school, aeons ago. Decided all that reading was a bit heavy for a seventeen year old at that time so have never read it. My book is still in mint condition as a result of this :)

I also have a Newnes book, equally as thick, also very interesting and quite unread. In my silliness at the time, I ordered this book together with the RDA Ed. 4 from the local Book Agency (CNA) and when both books arrived at the same time, the price killed my limited pocket money for weeks on end.

I think the price at the time was something equivalent to $3, or GBP1.50. Was certainly big money in those days :)

The RDA 4th edition is, as far as I recall, available on Peter Millet's site as a 25MB download.

Pete Millet just scanned RDH4 into an indexed single PDF file:

Pete Millett's technical books - downloads

This one is a 25MB download. His scans are not quite as crisp as the other version that I downloaded that comes in many separate chapter files totaling about 78MB, but it's still quite readable.

Pete’s site has many excellent downloadable books. He is to be commended for this valuable contribution.

I am fortunate to have two hard copies of RDH4, one printed by RCA called "Radiotron Designer's Handbook" and the other a British Iliffe printing called "Radio Designer's Handbook". They have the same content, although the paper is a bit thinner in the British printing, making the book more lap friendly.

I keep the downloads of RDH4 and hundreds of other such files in my laptop for traveling, when carrying heavy books would be too cumbersome.

Two more gems turned up in my mostly unread collection...

Radio & Television Engieers' Reference Book, by JP Hawker. This book I bought new in 1962. Over 1800 pages.

Modern Radio Servicing, by Alfred A. Ghirardi, Copyright 1935. 1300 pages.

This latter book was given to me by an uncle and is written in language that I can easily understand! No complicated formulae or equations :) I consulted it often during the early sixties when the hobby seriously grabbed me. None of this digital crap, all glorious analogue :)

So much reading to do, so little time....

Edit: Hey, I never wrote a nasty word here (did !?). Never mind, what I actually wrote [removed] , IMHO...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.