Audio to take from Singapore?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Go to The Adelphi building. The whole building is full with hifi shops next to each other. I don't know about the price comparing to Europe. But you can check it out. Many shops have website like this one.

www.soundscapehifi.com

You can also try to google with and see other shops as well.

Another place is Burlington Square which is next to Sim Lim Square. Sim Lim Square is a mall that full with IT shops. Burlington Square is next to it and in it first floor there are 2 shops that sell DIY things like tube, output transformers, etc. I got Tango and Tamura output transformers here which is even cheaper than in Japan.

Hi Jan,

as a rule of thumb commercial stuff is priced at US level here. You may save a little due to the 5% sales tax vs. 20%+ VAT in Europe, but not dramatically so.

That being said, in addition to Adelphi and Burlington square, you could / should go to Sim Lim *Tower* (next to the more popular Sim Lim Square, both easily reached and centrally located). This is where they sell *components*. It's an "en gros - en detail" type of atmosphere, if you know what I mean, a building that houses anything from wholesellers who store transistors tubed by the 1000's, to resellers who offer 50 cents surplus Elna caps in large denominations... in any case, expect fun but not necessarily that you will find something specific. Likely you'll find something you already forgot you had been looking for for the past 20 years ;-)

Like Ruach I'll be happy to meet/assist when you're here, just pm me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.