Which headphones are the best

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm currently djing,mixing and playing drum and bass.

I've got 2x Technics 1210 mk3 decks, 1x Vestax PCV-175 3 channel mixer.1x Shure sm58 mic,a pair of Ac Euro Ac115 speakers with 15 inch eminence driver,rated 200w rms,Gemini X2 amp,full aluminum flightcases,and professional quality speaker and interconnect cables.

I need a pair of closed back headphones,which can go loud,and handle the bass WITHOUT distortion.Also they must be built well,and sound good,and isolate the outside noise from the headphones.

My three products which I may consider are:

SONY MDRV700 or TECHNICS RPDJ1210 or SENNHEISER HD25

I know the Sennheiser has replaceable cable,but how really nessesary is this?

Also I've heard of BEYER DYNAMIC headphones,but these are really hard to find anywhere.

Please could you help me out,i'm sick and tired of using my crap, distorting, open back headphones for djing whether i dj in a small venue or my bedroom.

Hi Bull,

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with loud pro headphones, but since you're living in London the most simple thing to do would be to walk into a biiiiig audio store where they have lotsa phones you can try out yourself.

I've heard that Sennheiser hphones sound very good at high levels, but it's not my own experience I'm telling about......

Bull said:
Which headphones are the best?

Which speaker is the best?

I think you must ask: Which headphones are good? It's a matter of taste. My mate like Sennheiser HD600 but I think they have too much bass and too sharped treble. Typical "pop music" headphones. I bought instead (for a good price) HD545 Reference which have a "flatter" responese, which I like better.

AKG (or was it Sennheiser?) Orpheus electrostatic phones with a dedicated tube amp. Not bad....but 13000 USD in Sweden. Ouch!

I like the Quart headphones I have heard, can be hard to find though, more of a high end Beyer Dynamic sound than a sennheiser, things may have change since they were acquired by Rockford Fosgate.
If you can find the give them a listen.

<a href="http://www.mbquart.com/proaudio.htm ">MB QUART headphones</a>
<a href="http://anthraxtheband.com/html/ANTHRAX_CharliesHeadphones.htm">MB Quart 805HS Pro Series Headphones a Hit with Anthrax Drummer Charlie Benante</a>

Regards
James

Bull said:
I'm currently djing,mixing and playing drum and bass.

Just my guess, but I think you answered your own question
beofre you asked it. I would think there is quite a big risk that
you will eventually tear lose the cables if you are going to use
the headphones like that, and those with replacable cables
should, hopefully, not take any damage from that. I know
there are closed Audio-Technica headphones with replacable
cables, but they might be custom-built.

I decided to buy the new PIONEER HDJ-1000 pro dj headphones.
They are so amazing,there so much better sounding than the Sennheiser HD25,Sony MDRV700,Technics DJ1210,i also tried.

They cost me £130 new,infact so new,they have only been released this month.

The bass is deep and sounds heavyweight,with absolutuly no distortion,even when i try them as monitors.The treble and midrange is clear,and very detailed,so detailed you can hear some instruments in the background in the music;but bad for dirty vinyl,because you can hear all the pops and clicks.
The construction is very rugged,aluminum adjustable headband,with swiveling earpads.The cable is detachable,the earpads are made of tear-resistant leather and padded,and the housing is water repellent.
The freq range is impressive too, 5hz-30khz.max input power 3500mw,40 ohm,spl 107 db/mw,50mm dome drivers.The jack plug screws on ,so you can't loose it.
The only downside is it makes your ears hot,maybe i had the headband too tight.
And you get a Leather bag,with Pioneer written on it.

Bull said:
I need a pair of closed back headphones,which can go loud,and handle the bass WITHOUT distortion.Also they must be built well,and sound good,and isolate the outside noise from the headphones.

My three products which I may consider are:
SONY MDRV700 or TECHNICS RPDJ1210 or SENNHEISER HD25
Also I've heard of BEYER DYNAMIC headphones,but these are really hard to find anywhere.
I have a pair of
PHILIPS SBC HP890 headphones
They are not closed, but a VERY GOOD budget alternative
to SENNHEISER 580 or 600.
Philips SBC HP890 costed £65, when rated 5/5 Stars overall value
in Hi-Fi Choice.

Hi-Fi Choice - All HeadPhones Reviews

HeadWize - ALL about HeadPhones

Philips SBCHP890

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.