You all are better on without me / Let's talk about Dice45 leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all are better on without me

All,

I resign as moderator right now. Do i stick to the power? Don't think so.
From what i read in the conspiracy thread, there is only one thing for me to
do: to leave.

Anything left to say ? I think not. I doubt it would be believed.
No matter what i say, the dirt will stick.
I have become a load for the forum. You all are better on without me.

Bye
(dice45)

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: You all are better on without me

Dice45,

I for one don’t want to see you go, for the same reasons that I believe the whole Frank incident should be rescinded, and for the same reasons that I feel Gray should come back, and that Fred should stop being a “Stepford” Fred;) . You are all good for the forum, and we all learn from each of you. Granted, I wouldn’t necessarily wish to see you in the moderator’s position again, but that’s not a bad thing. There are very few around here that I feel should be moderators, but that’s my opinion. I’m sure that there are those that disagree with me about this and everything else I’m saying. That’s alright too; everyone should have their own mind about things. It’s what drives this forum, the differences. If everyone thought the same and agreed on everything, Jason could just host an Audio Library web site that collected “words of audio wisdom” from the gurus.

So you stick around and get in a tiff now and again. Maybe you get away with it calling someone and ***, or maybe not. So what, you spend a week or two in the Bin and get a few things done around the house.

So no, we are not better on without you, we are better on with you.

Rodd Yamashita

Let's talk about Dice45 leaving

Sorry to hear you are leaving Dice45. As for you not wanting us to talk about it, that's a little too much to ask.
If leaving in anonymity was your desire why posting it? It's a little bit like announcing one's suicide and expect people to do or say nothing about it.
Are we going to be better off without you? I don't know. I won't rush to any conclusions.
That brings me to the point here: quick, not so well thought out decisions have been IMO a problem on the part of moderators in the past, even more so a complete inability to forsee negative impact of these decision and the inability to apologize for them in the public forum to the entire members when such bad decisions have been reversed.
Being a Moderator must be very hard, too many hours on the computer too much typing, and too much surfing. I don't envy the job and I am glad someone's doing it. Under this much pressure, mistakes are made tempers run hot and sight is lost. This is probably what happened with the whole Degrove affair.
I said outrageous things in the past on this forum, made a complete *** out of myself and apologized for it.
I offered an explanation and a sincere apology, even when I thought I was right, I tried to learn from my mistakes and move on. It is about all one can do. Some people will accept the apology, others won't, that's just life.
The other approach, the hard *** one, is to make a well though out decision, may take weeks to make, or say what's on your mind, stick to it, and be ready to defend your decision or statement because it's a good decision or statement, you made it.
In my experience, middle-of-the-way approaches simply don't work.
So it would be fairly easy to fix things up and get back to business.
Good luck to you Dice45. :)

and sorry for the spiel! ;)

Re: Let's talk about Dice45 leaving

grataku said:
That brings me to the point here: quick, not so well thought out decisions have been IMO a problem on the part of moderators in the past, even more so a complete inability to forsee negative impact of these decision and the inability to apologize for them in the public forum to the entire members when such bad decisions have been reversed.
So it would be fairly easy to fix things up and get back to business.
<b>Exactly</b>
An apology should be made, and Frank's ban lifted immediately.

It's the reasonable, honourable and courageous thing to do.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Why Per has to leave ? It is great to have an other opinion than he has. :D
Without controversy a forum like this isn't fun and nothing we can learn from. Suppose everybody thinks the same, talks the same !?!? Wouldn't be very inspiring would it ? My esteem for Per is high despite the sometimes contradictionary things he says. Just have a look at his website to see what the man has done.
Instead of just talking and/or simulating he actually builds audio gear.

It is easier to disagree than to agree on the matters we like for a hobby. This shouldn't be a problem when we disagree/agree with a healthy respect for the other despite his/hers opinion.
Recently a lack of respect is showing its head around the corner. War have started like this in the past. Convincing people of your opinion certainly won't succeed if respect is lacking anyhow.If brought with respect someone might even agree with you if not partially.

Please let's keep cool and let's try to make this forum a peaceful place again. The Dice45/Fdegrove thing has stirred up things to levels that don't fit on Diyaudio.com.

Jean-Paul

I think it is the end of year jitter, they will all be back on February 29.

Sint en Piet zaten te bedenken
Dat pakjesavond er is voor geschenken
Straks wordt er op de deur geklopt
Voor Nelson Pass die z'n eigen boontjes dopt

Als dit cadeau van papier wordt ontdaan
Heeft Nelson Pass niets meer te wensen voortaan
Voor een kind dat soms ondeugend is
Is deze Aleph-X misschien toch lekker en fris

Je krijgt nu wel dit mooie ding
En voor Sint was dat niet gering
Alle kinderen groot en klein
Gaan in de zak als ze ondeugend zijn

De zak met pakjes is bijna weer leeg
Je kreeg nu je koekje van bloedeigen deeg
Bedwing nog heel even je ongeduld
Want straks is je voorraad weer aangevuld

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
Why Per has to leave ?

Sigh............... I said it in jest since Peranders had used my rehabilitation as an example. It was a bit of harmless fun and I don't want anybody to go away. Back to the Dice 45 issue:

First, the correct phrase is "You all are better OFF without me." I think what is more important is what is better for Bernhard. He has drawn a lot off criticism, some deserved most not however. his only real sin was excessive passion for his moderation duty and the desire to see civil discourse on the forum. I don't blame him for wanting a break from being a lightning rod for criticism.
I see little support for any of the moderators when the act. It is a shame since the forum can use some moderation and it is a tough call in most instances. If I were a moderator I would slap a lot more people in the Sin Bin and not waste a lot of time justifying my actions. We have reached a point on the forum where the number of petty personality conflicts looks to outnumber the number of post about audio. If you want drama I recommend opera. Is any body interested in audio design anymore other than to start a fight over someone's ideas.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi Ststone,

You must be dutch to know the language so well ! Your Sinterklaas poems are better than mine I have to admit.
The risk of posting in the dutch language is that if the french, germans and swedes for example will start to do the same this site will become unreadable ;)

Sinterklaas is an old saint that gives away presents at the 5th of December ( his birthday ). He arrives per ship from Spain with guys that are called Zwarte Pieten. They hand over sweets to the children and scare the children that have been naughty.The children that have been sweet the past year will be given presents on the evening of the 5th. The ones that were not so sweet are being taken to Spain where Sinterklaas lives. Of course this doesn't happen to a lot of children. :)
Sinterklaas was imported to America by the dutch immigrants and somehow it developed to Santaclaus and a connection was laid with X-mas.
Strange thing is that Santaclaus was imported back to the Netherlands because of heavy american influence. Nowadays children receive presents from Sinterklaas on the 5th and from Santaclaus on the 25th of december. :confused:
Of course the children don't mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.