Mazda Stereo Plug Manufacturer??? Any help? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th July 2006, 01:20 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Mazda Stereo Plug Manufacturer??? Any help?

Can anyone help me identify who makes these connectors that are used on 2004-06 Mazda car stereo accessories. Please see photo's

Click the image to open in full size.

And here is what it connects to:

Old 8th July 2006, 11:14 PM   #2
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

Whoever made those for Mazda probably had them done specially for them. Your best bet is to scrounge a harness off a wrecked car.

Now it's possible that they only made some minor changes to a standard terminal type so it would be keyed uniquely. What's the spacing between the terminals? Maybe it matches something you can order from Digikey. Although given the hassles of connecting the terminals without having a proper crimp tool, it'd be easier if you can scrounge a connector harness from another radio or laptop and just splice the wires.
Old 9th July 2006, 12:52 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Problem is i need them in quanitities of a hundred. We are looking to manufacture an aftermarket product.

Someone makes and sell's these connectors as there are many brands of after market interface products that plug into this port so someone sells them.

The pin spacing is retty standard and i have a dual row connector i am using right now but it does not have the locking mechanism and is smaller then the shell. so it will only be good for testing.

I really need to locate makes these.

Zc
Old 9th July 2006, 10:18 AM   #4
dangus is offline dangus  Canada
diyAudio Member

I see. Well, then hopefully it is an off-the-shelf connector. Have you trolled through all the connector catalogs and websites you can think of? Here, for example:
http://www.hirose-connectors.com/con...connectors.htm

Maybe send a picture (or link) to some distributors that specialize in connectors; could be they'll recognize it. Or try the application engineers at some connector makers; they might steer you in the right direction. AMP, Waldom, Tyco,

Another idea: contact companies that do cable and harness assembly, maybe someone will recognize the connector.
You'll find some names and addresses here; there could be one local to you (select "cable & harness assembly" or "cable, custom" then sort by region). (You might need to register first.)
http://www.sourceesb.com/VAServices....ble%20assembly

Hide this!Advertise here!