Broken mini system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
simply put, one day my somewhat mistreated Panasonic SA-AK27 mini system started billowing out blue smoke. Now i am left with two decent 100w shelf speakers but no amp.

Currently i have a logitech system hooked up to my computer's Audigy LS soundcard. Seing as though i now have the speakers from the AK27 i was wondering if it were possible to hook them up to the audigy. Although i know little of amplification, i understand i will have to purchase some kind of amp for these 100w babies or something of the sort. The speakers use what i think is bi-amplification - they have High and Low imputs. Is this in anyway possible or are they uselss without the AK-27 system?

thanks

ps. excuse my noobishness when it comes to technicalities, i have not yet delved into anything beond multimedia speakers

Hi,

http://www.usersmanualguide.com/panasonic/cd_stereo_system/sa-ak27

As far as I can tell if you have the SB-AK27 speakers you cannot
drive them from a normal amplifier, the system seems to have
the twin channel, one channel inverted, both channels bridged
for low bass system (also common in in-car setups).

You can make a Gainclone that does this, but impossible to buy AFAIK.

Your best bet if the power supply is OK is to replace the
presumably IC-based power amplifiers in the mini system.

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.