It's a crazy world sometimes. (light woes of an electronics tech)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A 10A power switch fails on a pipe flanger that switches about 2A max at normal turn-on. I was troubleshooting around it for a little while because the half of the switch that powered the neon lamp IN the switch was working. The load side of the switch was all burned to (expletive deleted) and smelled of ozone big time...

ho well.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & DVD. ;)

You >Assumed< that the switch was OK.....

If there is one thing that good old "Mr. Murphy" has pounded into my head in the 28+ years I've been working on electronics, it's that One should NEVER Assume!...EVER!

I was called back to a doctor's office where my company had done the installation of several computers. The doctor's personal computer was not one that we had installed, we had been told that "He would take care of it himself."

I arrived, and was shown t into the doctors office. After looking at the system, and trying the power switches for both the CPU & monitor (With no luck) I pulled out the CPU "Box" to check connections......Well.....NOTHING! was plugged in!!

Not the keyboard, mouse, monitor, or any of the power cords!

The office manager was as shocked as I was. She couldn't believe that one of the area's top surgeons was so clueless as to Not even plug the dang thing in.... :xeye:

We had both assumed that he had a clue, and were badly mistaken!

Take Care!
Tall Shadow

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.