High End Metal Heads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Let's not mention rage against the machine and all the old obvious ones.

What is a big HELL YEAH for the new Sepultura album "Dante XXI"

Really very impressive stuff from them I think, definate high end stuff.

Also the new Tool Album, 10 000 days, top notch!

If you can think of any others on par with that, which is fairly new, because I for one get tired of the same old same ol... I'd like to hear about it.

Cheers,
Chris

pinkmouse said:
Have you guys not seen this thread? :)

I know of it, but it's not what I'm after.

I should clarify it was late when I posted that last night and it hardly makes sense..... coffee and no sleep story.

Kind of stuff mentioned in the other thread is not for here, EX: the oldies we all love like Maiden ..... not for here!

This is meant for high-end, above average quality recordings, the kind of thing you might want to show off a system with. However, we all know about Rage Against the Machine.... so we need not mention the old obvious. I'm after fresh, new, excellent quality.

I personally believe the two examples I gave are exactly that.

For example, off the new Sepultura album I mentioned, might like to sample "Still Flame". Endure the beginning and the end will reward you!

The new Tool, pretty well the whole album is a treat :)

Voltaic, sadly I've never gotten the opportunity to see them live, if I did I would not pass it up!

Cheers

Great thread! I am a bit of a metal head, although Sepultura/Soulfly is a bit harder then I like. I do really dig the song Ratamatada (sic) off of Roots. I did also see Soulfly live once in a *very* small venue and thought I was going to be killed by the crowd.

10,000 days is my kind of stuff. Tool has long been one of my, if not my single favorite band. The recording is also excellent.

I find myself going back over the last decade and digging out bands that I never really got into and checking them out, especially when it comes to harder modern rock. Some good such examples would be Melvins, Kyuss, Therapy?. Although I've long been a Faith No More fan, I hadn't known just how good some of their recordings were until I got into hi-fi.

I haven't really dabbled too much in the newer hard stuff as I got really sick of all the 'nu-metal', so I've been expanding out into indy and lo-fi, etc.

Dream Theater - Six Degree of Inner Turbulence is a great recording, fairly new and some good stuff. I don't like all of DT's stuff though, since I don't like the vocalist too much and the keyboards get on my nerves.

Harroww!

Sorry, too juiced at this fine hour to find the ever so populair metal thread.. took me too long to dig this one up.

I can't honestly say this recording / mix qualifies as hier fii, but yah, NEW SLAYEEER, it's gewd too. Reminds me alot of the ol' Reign in Blood stuff, with maybe a partial twist of South of Heaven. What the heck, 3am and the neighbours haven't complained, can't be that bad.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.