Show us your works in progress

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Part 1: The "Cheap" DAC

Plan view of my latest DAC in my latest, craptastic chassis:

Attachments

• 1-3.jpeg
    1-3.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 807
ok, my camera is really of poor quality, but i can present work in progress too:

this weekends work, "breakthrough box", the shielded thick silver colored cable goes to the computer, there i modified my soundcards line in to 4mm standart plugs. In the box precision resistor and interconnects for speaker impedanz measurement and small cable to the other box. Microphon preamp OP07 and elektret capsule at the end of the stick. All in Multiplex and Lexan.

Attachments

• image0054.jpg
    image0054.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 709
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
small-smaller-smallest

My inbetween-projects smallest DAC I ever soldered.
It is a PCB published by Elektor and should be stuffed with a UDA1351H chip that after the prototyping never came into production.
I use the UDA1350H which is pincompatible. It is very small as you can see. The chip is a QFP44 package SMD part which of course is mounted on the copper side.
Contrary to the non os religion it is a 20 bit 32/44/48 kHz 256 FS oversampling bitstream chip.

To be clear: is has everything onboard. SPDIF receiver, DAC and analog stage. Power supply is 3V. Sound quality I can't really tell yet. First one is running and sounds good on my test amp/speakers ( I didn't expect that to be honest ). Didn't compare it to other gear (yet). Power supply is 3V. For those who are interested, the layout is on : http://www.elektuur.nl/dl/dl.htm

Look for the mini audio DAC in the juli/august 2002 issue. It's practically impossible to find this chip in small quantities however.

Attachments

• philipstest.jpg
    philipstest.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 863
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.