HELP! Receiver to deep to sit on shallower DVD player - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th June 2006, 10:12 PM   #1
xRAzORx is offline xRAzORx  United States
diyAudio Member

Default HELP! Receiver to deep to sit on shallower DVD player

here's my situation:

I have an existing TV stand and currently stack my three components below it. There is not enough height to individually shelve each piece.

I want the receiver to go on top as it runs the hottest but it is also the deepest and the rear feet won't sit on the DVD player.

Does anyone make or have a suggestion for a clever way to stand the deeper receiver on the shallow DVD player?

Thanks!
Old 14th June 2006, 10:14 PM   #2
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Put a board on the DVD player. It will help disperse the weight to the edges where it is strongest and deal with the oversized amp.
Old 14th June 2006, 10:16 PM   #3
tool49 is offline tool49  Canada
diyAudio Member

What I usually do in those cases is go to the local glass dealer and buy a plate of glasse the size of your receiver and then sit it on top of the DVD player with medium size rubber feet. That takes for granted that your receiver is quite well balanced and that it's weight isn't all the way in the back. What's more, if you take big enough feet in between, it will provide better thermal separation between your different components.

Hope this helps!
Sébastien

Hide this!Advertise here!