diyAudio (
-   Everything Else (
-   -   What voltage regulator to use? (

Thomas 27th September 2001 10:22 PM

Hi Forum!

I need some advice regarding a PSU for my DAC project.

I have one torroid transformer with two 10 V secondaries. I plan to use output one for the digital supply and output two for analog. The output stage will have a seperate transformer.

The question is simple: What integrated (or other) voltage regulator is the best (hifi wize)? I know how to make PSU's but when it comes to hifi, maybe not all can be read from the datasheet?

I plan to use seperate regulators for each chip. That will be 3x3.3V digital, 2x5.0V digital, 1x3.3V analog and 1x5.0V analog. Adds to seven in all. So, there is no need for high current circuits.

Any comment on the subject is welcome.

paulb 28th September 2001 12:38 AM

You're asking this group what is the "best" regulator? Your answers are going to vary...
I'd go for the venerable LM317 with the adjust pin bypassed. Linear Technology has some higher-performance variants. See
If you want to go nuts, look for the Jung super regulators for the analog supplies, discussed in the previous thread but see

Thomas 28th September 2001 02:53 PM

Thanks Paul!

I realize now that asking for the "best" is a harsh question to ask. I think the other thread answers my question very well.

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:01 AM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 18.75%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio