Sona Graph 7029A spectrum analyzer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, just send it to me, and I will tell you what its good for then...

You could hook up a test mike for instance and check at the listening spot with pink noise produced by a cd what the response is at this point - or any others you choose to check.
Then you could get an equalizer and correct accordingly. Until the pink noise produced by the speaker is almost flat throughout the spectrum.

Or you could do a spectral analysis of you or your significant others voices, analyse bird, cat and dog calls etc...

It basicalliy tells you what the distribution of energy is in every frequency band the unit displays. And each voice has a characteristic energy distribuiton which one can use for identifying similarities or differnces in voices, but can also analyse how a speaker interacts in the room.

One can also use it in nearfield or "open field" (outside on a quite day) how your speaker reproduces sound. You measure this preferably using pink noise.
From there you can implement correcting measures to get the speaker produced spectrum as close to the spectrum at the amp output - provided you don't have an amp that has its own mind regarding sound reproduction .

You could also google under: sound spectrum analyzer, function.

Wow thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure if this unit is in working condition or not. That cable coming off the top left corner should probably go somewhere ;)

Attachments

• sa1.jpg
    sa1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 72
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.