Olimex troubles - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th May 2006, 03:08 PM   #1
Banned

Default Olimex troubles

I have gotten into trouble with Olimex, i got a order confirm pdf in email from them today but i dont have a fax machine so i cannot fax it back, also i did improvements in the layout that i would have liked to have on the boards but now it looks like they are done already and waiting for confirmation to be shipped.

What can i do ? Tell them about it or just ignore the email ?
Old 29th May 2006, 03:22 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Olimex troubles

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekko
I have gotten into trouble with Olimex, i got a order confirm pdf in email from them today but i dont have a fax machine so i cannot fax it back, also i did improvements in the layout that i would have liked to have on the boards but now it looks like they are done already and waiting for confirmation to be shipped.

What can i do ? Tell them about it or just ignore the email ?

Ignoring the email is pretty bad IMHO. You asked them to make boards so you can't just walk out. Normally they wait for production until they receive the confirmation fax (with the credit card info) but for small orders they often give you the benefit by not letting you wait. Are you sure they are already manufactured?

If you are quick enough with the changed layout they will do that (for a token fee, I think 3 $), but you can't expect them to throw away work because you can't get your act together.

In my part of the world you can find a fax at any street corner, and the fax request is only done to protect YOU from cc fraud. I think you need to take your responsibility.

Jan Didden
Old 29th May 2006, 03:27 PM   #3
Banned

D*mn I wasent even prepared for this, i just sent in for fun as i was pretty sure that i were missing files so they were gonna complain about it.

Also i was told that the confirmation could be sent in via email, but i guess thats a lie.
Old 29th May 2006, 03:30 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
D*mn I wasent even prepared for this, i just sent in for fun as i was pretty sure that i were missing files so they were gonna complain about it.[snip]

Well, I hope they will not screw you they way you tried to screw them. Or maybe they should.

Jan Didden
Old 29th May 2006, 03:54 PM   #5
Banned

I emailed them, they told me that i have have not sent the fax i can send in the new files for a $5 fee.

My problem is that i don´t own a fax, but i could send the fax from a place where i were during the last term is school, but there another problem occurs. I am going to my summerhouse tomorrow and will be there in 2 days.

I hate this fax thing, why cant they use regular email ??
Old 29th May 2006, 05:14 PM   #6
poobah is offline poobah  United States
diyAudio Member

Perhaps a paper letter and the postman might solve problem?
Old 29th May 2006, 05:20 PM   #7
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Quote:
My problem is that i don´t own a fax, but i could send the fax from a place where i were during the last term is school,....
You can go just about anywhere (companies, the library etc) in Härnösand.... it's like asking sombebody to use the phone.
Old 29th May 2006, 05:24 PM   #8
Banned

I gave them the offer about scanning the confirmation fax and send it via email as a picture attachmet.

If they say that is not an option, i´ll cancel the order.

Tomorrow im going to the summerhouse for two days, and tonight its too late to find a place that have a fax.
Old 29th May 2006, 05:27 PM   #9
agent.5 is offline agent.5  United States
diyAudio Member

Can't you use efax (it will fax any email attachment to a fax machine)?
Old 29th May 2006, 05:32 PM   #10
Banned

When u have to print and sign it ??

Hide this!Advertise here!