Olimex troubles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have gotten into trouble with Olimex, i got a order confirm pdf in email from them today but i dont have a fax machine so i cannot fax it back, also i did improvements in the layout that i would have liked to have on the boards but now it looks like they are done already and waiting for confirmation to be shipped.

What can i do ? Tell them about it or just ignore the email ?

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Tekko said:
I have gotten into trouble with Olimex, i got a order confirm pdf in email from them today but i dont have a fax machine so i cannot fax it back, also i did improvements in the layout that i would have liked to have on the boards but now it looks like they are done already and waiting for confirmation to be shipped.

What can i do ? Tell them about it or just ignore the email ?

Ignoring the email is pretty bad IMHO. You asked them to make boards so you can't just walk out. Normally they wait for production until they receive the confirmation fax (with the credit card info) but for small orders they often give you the benefit by not letting you wait. Are you sure they are already manufactured?

If you are quick enough with the changed layout they will do that (for a token fee, I think 3 $), but you can't expect them to throw away work because you can't get your act together.

In my part of the world you can find a fax at any street corner, and the fax request is only done to protect YOU from cc fraud. I think you need to take your responsibility.

Jan Didden

I emailed them, they told me that i have have not sent the fax i can send in the new files for a $5 fee.

My problem is that i don´t own a fax, but i could send the fax from a place where i were during the last term is school, but there another problem occurs. I am going to my summerhouse tomorrow and will be there in 2 days.

I hate this fax thing, why cant they use regular email ??

I gave them the offer about scanning the confirmation fax and send it via email as a picture attachmet.

If they say that is not an option, i´ll cancel the order.

Tomorrow im going to the summerhouse for two days, and tonight its too late to find a place that have a fax.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.