Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st May 2006, 09:09 PM   #31
percy is offline percy  United States
diyAudio Member

Vikash, I was referring to the "commercial kits" and not diy designs/kits. However, I did want to indicate that diy designs are not neccessarily cheap. The cost-to-performance approaches a point where it boils down to just personal preference whether you want to spend the time and learn and seek the gratification of building it, or just buy it.

I set off in the same direction when I was there. Bought the ECM8000 and sought a few designs, kits, worked out the costs, time, probability of failure and eventually ended up buying the UB802. Wouldn't do it any other way if I had to do it all over again.
Old 1st June 2006, 06:03 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

The first person to contact me has not replied to my post so the mic and preamp goes to owdi.
I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm.
Old 1st June 2006, 06:59 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sillyboy
Question though, if I build a mic from the panasonic capsule... it only need 2-10v of phantom power, and the UB802 gives 48v.

So... do I just hook up a resistor? Digi-key specs say the capsules use 0.5mA max... so... 82k ohms * .0005 amps = 41 volt drop... which would bring 48v to 7v. That a good thing? or am I a 'tard?
Someone should confirm/deny this for me, so i can order the UB802

Hide this!Advertise here!