Schematic for Sony 70ES ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here's a pic of the little beauty:

Regards TroelsM

Attachments

• 700es.jpg
    700es.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 161
Hi Troels.

You might be lucky at: Sharefx
Requires you to become a member, but it's for free. Then just make a request.
I know for sure, that there's a lot of schematics for older gear, even though at first sight it looks like it's only for newer stuff :)

Best regards ( og ha' en go' dag ;) )

Ebbe

Hi Nigel.

Found it! : Sony TA-F700ES

I might buy an old defect 700es, but without a schematic repair is gonna be a real pain.

BTW: I found a ref that says that each output is 2 pairs of Sanken A1186/C2897.... looking at the datasheet I would say that those trannies are a bit to small for +100W/8Ohm. Opinions?

Regards TroelsM

TroelsM said:
Hi Nigel.

Found it! : Sony TA-F700ES

I might buy an old defect 700es, but without a schematic repair is gonna be a real pain.

The manual isn't on Sony Assist (although the model is listed there), and I don't have a paper manual either.

Do you know what's wrong with it?.

BTW: I found a ref that says that each output is 2 pairs of Sanken A1186/C2897.... looking at the datasheet I would say that those trannies are a bit to small for +100W/8Ohm. Opinions?

The 2SA1186 is rated at 150V, 10A, and 100WC - looks pretty good to me for a 100W/8ohm domestic amp?. The 2SC2897 isn't listed in Towers, but I presume it's the complement to the 2SA1186?.

Hi Nigel.

Yes its rated at 1oA/150V/100W, but the SOA is not very impressive. I think the amp is somewhere around 125W/8Ohm and that would take a PSU giving +/-50-55V. Thats 100-110V total... If I'm not reading the SOA-chart the wrong way, then the poor little transistor is getting a bit stressed at 110V when it's passing a few amperes...

All this is probably "normal" in consumer/domestic amps, but this was a pretty expensive amp (I think).

I don't know whats wrong with the amp, but with a little luck it's only the PSU thats bad.

Regards TroelsM

TroelsM said:
Hi Nigel.

Yes its rated at 1oA/150V/100W, but the SOA is not very impressive. I think the amp is somewhere around 125W/8Ohm and that would take a PSU giving +/-50-55V. Thats 100-110V total... If I'm not reading the SOA-chart the wrong way, then the poor little transistor is getting a bit stressed at 110V when it's passing a few amperes...

All this is probably "normal" in consumer/domestic amps, but this was a pretty expensive amp (I think).

'Expensive' doesn't mean well built or designed, it means higher profits for Sony!.

I don't know whats wrong with the amp, but with a little luck it's only the PSU thats bad.

It could be?, Sony sometimes use very under rated transformers, which could never supply the power required if you drive the amp hard - so TX failure is quite common.

HI TroelsM I`M WAGDY FROM EGYPT AND I HAVE NOW THE SAME PROBLEM THAT YOU WAS .. BUT THIS AMPLIFIER HAS TWO NUMBERS FOR THE SAME MODEL
MY MODEL IS SONY TA-F333ESX ( SONY TA-F700ES ) YOU CAN FIND THE SERVICE MANUAL AT: http://.WWW.servicemanuals.COM ) FOR ONLY 17$ ALSO YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT AFTER ONE DAY OR THEY CAN SEND IT AS PAPER TO UR HOME .. I WISH YOU A GOOD LUCK , I KNOW THAT MY MESSAGE SFTER TWO YEARS , BUT I SAW IT WHEN I WAS SEARCHING THE WEB FOR MY SONY SERVICE MANUAL ..
SORRY
BYEEEEE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.