Muting is on and I have don't have a remote!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just scored a Yamaha Natural Sound Stereo Receiver RX-V690. I got it home, speaker'ed it up and, NOTHING. The manual says to take it off of MUTE cuz the small light on the volume knob is blinking and there's no sound. All the display icons and the charecters, work fine.

My biggest problem, though, is that I did not get the remote to this unit and there's no muting button on the receiver thus preventing me from taking it off of MUTE and to allow for sounds.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, SOMEBODY has got to know how to:
1)RESET the unit

2)\disable the muting without the remote
or
3)provide some other solution like controlling the receiver with a universal remote??? I have a SONY RM-LP204 w/the small LCD display. I am going to try that while I frantically await a response.
Thanks in advance for taking a look at my thread, I am brand-new here and hope that I can contribute in the future!

Jon

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to let people what I found to disable the -20db mute on this Yamaha AVC-50 receiver. I was working on one for a friend and found that there is a capacitor used to hold a voltage on the backup line on the cpu. Shorting it out causes the cpu to reset internally and return everything to default settings including the Mute. Withput a remote, you cannot disable this as they left off a mute switch on the front panel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.