Northwest DIY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Northwest DIY November 23

Date: 11/16 3:51p.m.

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...2p=&2c=SURREY&2s=BC&2z=V4N-4W3&lr=2&x=73&y=12

Copy and paste link above.

-When November 23 10 AM
-Were address above. Surrey BC
-DIY event for the North West.
-Welcome everyone
-Bring any speakers to show,
-And there will be a buy,sell, trade area set up for those wanting to do so.

For those who can make it.

Al
Address on the map quest info.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Show of Hands

Who can i expect to be there?

ChrisB, Frank (not on the forum), and myself will be bringing the Suburu and 3 sets of Frugal-phile(tm) class speakers, and maybe some other goodies. My friend Mark from Burnaby may also show up.

Will there be a decent TT there? And if not a decent MM pre to plug one into?

dave

So far almost 40 people have said they are coming.
AMPs well 2 Yamaha maybe 3
Not Tubes at all.
I got the input to use a reciewve as the ones I own to keep the listening as real as possible.
Most of the people here will not have a tube set up.
So if you want to bring one I have a third room we can easyly set up.Only 12X14 with a 18ft ceiling.That could be a little hard to tame.

Good to see you have others coming also.

Dan from Adire has just of today not been able to come.But I am still getting a FREE TEMP to give away besides PE threw in some stuff as did CSS.
The special guest may show up from Adire but nothing in stone as of today.Plans just changed for him.

See you then.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
RAW said:
So if you want to bring one I have a third room we can easyly set up.Only 12X14 with a 18ft ceiling.That could be a little hard to tame.

Consider it sold. I'll see if i can arrange some tubes. A TT and a good budget "giant-killer" receiver anyway.

What kind of room is it anyway? If we could borrow a gravity generator from Star Fleet we could just "rotate" the room 90 degrees.

dave

Re: Show of Hands

planet10 said:
Who can i expect to be there?

Show of hands? Here's 2. :wave2:
Although I haven't yet contacted Mr. Wooley directly, I'll be there, with my girlfriend in tow. (Although she's never built anything herself, she's one of the few females in this world who can appreciate the value of a ridiculously oversized subwoofer - and would allow it in her house!)

Unfortunately, we'll be taking the bus out, so I won't be able to bring any of my very few projects that are actually complete.

Did you say you're giving away a FREE TEMPEST!?!?!? :eek:
I am awestruck by the possibility... But, alas, I have never won anything before. (except from Ed McMahon - I may already be a winner!)

I am looking VERY forward to this. I don't actually know any "real" people who are into DIY audio. (just internet folks) I go to BCIT for EE, but I don't know a single soul who is into audio.(sad...) It'll be cool to put a face to all you guys who are coming.

That is the word ADIRE is giving away a free TEMEST DRIVER.
Dan from Adire was hoping to make it up himself but we have now found out he may not make it.But the TEMP is here and is going to be given a NEW HOME.
Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday 10AM.

Al

Seangoesbonk:

I'll be there as well - I'll be looking out for you actually, as I'm planning on perhaps going to BCIT for EE when i'm finished my degree at SFU. It'd be nice to get some info from someone who's been in the program (as I don't know anyone so inclined at the moment.)

- Rick

PS, I'm a fellow bus taker as well, I feel your pain. I've hauled my fair share of amps, monitors, computers, and TVs on the BC transit system. :)

To all who attended - I had a fun time and it was very excellent to meet all of you and put some faces to the names.

Dave, your frugal-phile (tm) monitors were excellent. How much of that can be attributed to the excellent support electronics, I couldn't say, but the setup sounded very nice.

Perhaps next time I'll cart my finished Labhorns over and we won't have to have little 6.5" and 8" subs in the home theater room. :)

With any luck, we'll have some better measurement tools as well.

- Rick

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Show of Hands

seangoesbonk said:
I'll be there, with my girlfriend in tow. (Although she's never built anything herself, she's one of the few females in this world who can appreciate the value of a ridiculously oversized subwoofer - and would allow it in her house!)

And the winner of the Adire Tempest is Vanessa Morris, Seangoesbonk's girlfriend.

Sean just finished his Shive Sub, and not we can tease him that his girlfriend's is bigger than his:D Look at that develish look in here eye...

dave

Attachments

• vanessa.jpg
    vanessa.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 738
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
And room 3 -- picture kinda washed out from the strong backlite. This was the best sounding room (could have something to do with the supporting cast -- although one guy said "all amps sound the same -- except of course tube amps which are kinda soft on the top" (right :D ). Should have seen the involeentary lighting up of his eys when we put Patricia Barber on the Rega...

dave

Attachments

• room3.jpg
    room3.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 729
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.