Printing software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I sometimes have the need to make large size printouts- up to A0.....or even larger , like banners, posters etc, and my access to large format printers are limited.....
Have been looking around for some piece of SW that can panelize large printouts to A4 sheets, that can be taped together...
Anyone has a clue what's out there..??

Nigel Goodwin said:
Most printer drivers will do that for you, and most DTP software will - check the settings for your printer driver!.

I have 14 printers online here at work, including two large copiers, one B/W and one color, and none of these can do this trick....
the only printer larger than A3 is located 3 km away, and this is a bit awkward.......

I also have Autocad lite, Intellicad and Solidworks - all to no avail.......
no DTP , though.......

AuroraB said:

I have 14 printers online here at work, including two large copiers, one B/W and one color, and none of these can do this trick....
the only printer larger than A3 is located 3 km away, and this is a bit awkward.......

Are none of them HP?, HP printers commonly do it.

I also have Autocad lite, Intellicad and Solidworks - all to no avail.......
no DTP , though.......

I have seen specific software which will do it, essentially making an extra driver layer between the program and the actual printer driver, but I can't remember what it's called? - if it comes to mind I'll let you know!.

Nigel Goodwin said:

Are none of them HP?, HP printers commonly do it.
Except for the large copiers, they are almost all HP!

I have seen specific software which will do it, essentially making an extra driver layer between the program and the actual printer driver, but I can't remember what it's called? - if it comes to mind I'll let you know!.

That's exactly what I'm looking for....something that can take a imagefile, PDF or preferrably a DXF and panelize it to true size!
I do remember having seen it, but now when I really need it, my memory is empty! :xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.