Sexaul Bias!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderators,

Since Dice45 was ignoring my private mail.
Here it is again.
I did not accuse our member of impersonating as a female! None intended what so ever. What disguised me was the way one used one’s gender as influence and denouncing other genders. I detest that. I used HH as an example trying to say the double standard we have if HH were a nice sexy girl that we might would have treated him differently. If members of this forum like people to offer sexual remarks as reward for help then I do not belong in such a forum. I know where to go to if I want to talk dirty but this is DIY Hi-Fi for Pete’s sake. In fact what I did try to portrait (failed I guess) was the fact we should given equal opportunity to the lesbian and gay population too! Sorry I do not mean to miss out the group of in-betweens too. Now you’ve accused me of something I did not do, mind if I call you names? Guess not because now you know that I am just a dirty old man why would you listen. Just want to let the steam off a bit....

Regards,
Chris
:headbash:

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Chris,

It was clear to me from your last post in that thread that you felt you had been misinterpreted, and you did apologize for any misinterpretation -- there is not much more you can do.

(directed to all) We all do have to remember that English is not everyone's 1st language (Chris has stated this is so for himself) and that English can be very tricky. So please give consideration to this before posting anything that could be considered hot-headed.

(back to Chris) Gina did get a reprimand. Dice45's (if i may be allowed to speak for him) intention was to just get you into your own corners so you could both cool down (English is not his 1st language either).

So let's all just step back & cool down.

It is not the same place now that we have female members. It will take them a while, and us (males) awhile to adjust a bit. But i feel this is a very good thing -- there are not enuff women in DIY audio and we indeed should be encouraging it (just like encouraging anyone to DIY strengthens us all). They bring a whole different perspective and the more sides you can look at a problem from the more you learn.

dave :cop:
(moderator hat on -- just trying to keep the peace)

chris ma said:
...the fact we should given equal opportunity to the lesbian and gay population too!
Regards,
Chris
:headbash:

Can you imagine a homosexual man telling us that his speakers or whatever have "thibilance." Something of a paradox in that. Hmmm.

BTW, why is it a "fact"? Is it really, or is it simply a result of new laws drafted because of pressure exerted by lobby groups composed of these people? Even if it WAS the law, it doesn't mean it should be, it only means that it is what these people want.

Another thing; members rightly get put in the sin bin for attempting to post links to sites featuring perverse sexual attitudes and activities, and this sort of thing doesn't belong on this forum. So my question is: why would someone on this forum want to advertise their sexuality if not for the purpose of drawing the attention of like minded people? The majority of people here don't even use their real name, so why the hell should someone talk about their sexual preferences? FYI, I feel a bit sorry for those people, and the things they do I think are disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris,
for the record, i did not check my email after my post in Gina's Hifi advice thread. I apologize for having been occupied with something different to diyAudio.

Dave is completely right, i wanted Gina and you both in your own corners. Nothing more nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.