Anybody want a job? Mine?? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th April 2006, 12:01 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Anybody want a job? Mine??

Hi all,

I asked SY before I posted this, and he had no objections.
Here is my schedule.
I go home for R and R for most of July. Come back to Kuwait for Aug, Sept, Oct, and go home for good in November.

Someone is going to get this job, why not one of you guys.

Most likely the job is only open to US citizens who can get a clearence.
Not my rules, but USG.org.
Would your country have it any other way?

e mail me for more details at

ka2zev@IDONTLIKESPANyahoo.com

Take out the caps.

We just passed an important set of inspections and we are fully funded and may even expand our mission.

Your thoughts.
Mike aka "Jack Crow in Kuwait"
.................................................. ...................................
Hi all,
When I was asked what my plans were to extend, the company put into motion a search to replace me. That's not going to be easy.

No heartburn this is normal and proper. Yet it was nice to see a job discripton.

The first guy that ran this lab was a clod.

Ive turned it around. It's a working show place. Ive had congress critters in here. This week we are getting a Marine Two Star in to look us over.

Rather than module swaping, we go to the transistor level in repairs.

Any replacment tech will have a hard act to follow.

This is not a bad job if you want it. The work is fairly easy if your clued in.

You don't need to be a generator expert. A sold backround in analog electronics, voltage regulators, and sensing circuits.

You need to be a repair expert. We are not out here to play engineer and debate why things work or don't. My main task is to fix stuff so that it stays fixed when the unit is sent back north. So far so good.

You do need to be a good scrounge. Scaring up parts and bits to make things run again. Fab up some 'one of a kind' thing.

You need to be creative in problem solving. Get with me privatly and I can shoot some photos for you of some of the things that were built to make life better here. Test fixtures and modifications of existing equipment to make them useful in the repair field.

The sooner you start, the sooner your clearence process can begin. Once you get over here, I can train you up on this stuff, and you too can be a contractor here in Arab land.

They pay us for hazzard and thats fine.
They can never pay us enough for the isolation.

The deal with the rest of the shop is...
As things stand today....
I don't repair engines, and they don't try and fix electronics. We have good mechanics for that. What they can't do for themselves is keep the transistors honest.

The pay is fairly good.
Figure about 120k or more dollars per year. (that's between you and the company what I say is non binding)
The first 80k is tax free.
The hours are long. You get no social life.
If the job is in Kuwait, it's a nice safe area.

Execpt for the VBIED we had a while back, nobody has tried to kill me since Baghdad.

Don't forget General Order number one
No booze.
No pork (off base)
Don't diddle the local women.
Don't visit any mosque.

You need to be able to tollerate a large amount of nonsence that the system generates. You have been over my rants.

Get back to me via E mail.

Later guys
Jack Crow in Kuwait
.................................................. ......................
Electronics Technician - TQG
Electronic Technician, 4
ASIA - Southwest Asia
Assignment is a TDY located in Kuwait in support of U.S. Forces. The successful candidate must be able to attain and maintain a U.S. DOD SECRET security clearance.

Work overseas will be compensated including hazardous and hardship differentials.

The purpose of this program is to refurbish identified Tactical Quiet Generators (TQGs), and DOD Standard generator sets while operating in SWA.

The contractor shall inspect, repair and test TQG and DOD generator sets varying in size from 3 kW through 100 kW; and document the findings.

Candidate must possess maintenance experience in component level troubleshooting of complex electronic equipment.

Candidate must also be capable of performing a variety of technical duties such as: diagnosing, inspecting, fault isolation to defective component, repairing, soldering, aligning, and operating complex digital/analog electronics circuitry/equipment. Must understand flow charts, schematics, and interconnection/line drawings and have a strong knowledge of electronics. Candidate must be capable of system level troubleshooting to the lowest replaceable assembly i.e. circuit card assembly, module, power supply, black box etc.

Possesses a strong background in the use of TMDE (Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment). Must be able to act as a Team Leader/ Supervisor when required. Must be able to perform basic computer operations i.e. Databases, Word Processing, and E-mail.

Depth Perception
Medium Work - Normal Requirements Lift 50lbs
Lifting
Kneeling
High Noise Levels
Hearing
Talking
Stooping
Standing
Move about freely in a laboratory setting
Travel - Domestic and International
Working With Computers/ CRT's
Working Both Inside And Outside
Define Color
Bending
Crouching
Balancing
Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
Ability to use MS Office
Ability to use PC
Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
Interpersonal and People Skills
Leadership Skills
Oral and Written Communication Skills
Organizational Skills
Project Management Ability and Skills
Team-Building Skills

Education / Experience: Technical military (or technical institute) with minimum five years experience in technical support of complex U. S. Military power generation systems.

Maintenance support should include system troubleshooting, engineering, installation, analysis, and repair to the subsystems and component level. Knowledgeable of U.S. military electrical wiring, soldering, grounding, and cable fabrication codes.
Accredited Technical School Certificate
Associate Degree
None

FT
17-May-2006
1 - Day
Performs moderately complex technical functions related to the support of engineering activities such as set-up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video type circuits and logic systems. Conducts engineering/development tests and detailed experimental testing to collect design data or assist in general research work. Diagnoses and corrects electronic circuitry malfunctions. Assists in the development of electronic equipment. Provides design details and recommends modifications to engineering designs as needed. May prepare instructional guides for repairing, calibrating and maintaining equipment and systems. Performs other, related duties as assigned

Hide this!Advertise here!