proposed DIY meeting in Winnipeg, Manitoba - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th April 2006, 01:50 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default proposed DIY meeting in Winnipeg, Manitoba

I am tossing around the idea of a DIY meeting in Winnipeg, Manitoba to see if enough people would be interested to make this worthwhile.

If you are in the Winnipeg area, please reply if you are interested as well, feel free to add any suggestions you may have.

I was thinking along the lines of getting a room at the UofW (central location) for a Saturday in the Fall. People could bring down some of their projects to show off and meet some locals with the same hobby.

Aside - would it be possible for a moderator to get me a list of diyAudio members who are located in Manitoba?

Cheers,
Gio.
Old 5th April 2006, 12:07 PM   #2
hooha is offline hooha  Canada
diyAudio Member

Yup. Fall is a good time to start something like this too, as everyone usually takes off for the summer.

Certainly count me in. I'm sure there's a few folks on this board who would like to get together.

Mark
Old 6th April 2006, 08:18 PM   #3
Bob2 is offline Bob2  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hey Guys

I would be interested, know a few others that might be, I'll start putting the word out.

Bob
Old 6th April 2006, 09:07 PM   #4
hooha is offline hooha  Canada
diyAudio Member

Cool. I'll tell all of my "friend" too. Oh wait... he was the one who started the thread...

Mark
Old 6th April 2006, 09:18 PM   #5
spind is offline spind  Canada
diyAudio Member

Great idea! Count me in.

Steve.
Old 6th April 2006, 10:17 PM   #6
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Hi GG,

I hope your event turns out a success. Those get togethers always seem a good time.

We can't offer a list of members for any reason, even a good one like yours. Privacy and confidentiality you understand.
Old 7th April 2006, 09:33 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hey, this is a good start! Yup, tell your friends. I think this can work out well.

On a side note, I went to the Pony Corral on Grant for a drink last night. There was a band playing, The Carpet Frogs (www.thecarpetfrogs.com/index2.html) and they were joined by Burton Cummings! Burton sang for them on the final set. Despite the terrible acoustics, Burton sounded very good! It was really good.

He did three or four classic rock covers and then he did Break It To Them Gently, Hand Me Down World (I love that song) and Shakin all Over was the encore. It made for a real fun time!

Cheers,
Gio.
Old 10th April 2006, 06:17 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I may be interested in coming down -- I don't really have anything to "show off" my self due to my being so busy with my EE degree but my Dad, I'm sure, could bring a thing or two. He's been working on so many things lately it's crazy. Three or four tube pre-amps, and tube-based guitar amps, etc. I don't think we could bring our speakers though -- they're too big

http://members.shaw.ca/lcleven/home_page1.html
Old 12th April 2006, 02:33 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default meeting in winnipeg

hey there
this sounds like a real good idea. it would be fun to bring some like minded characters together and get into some technical arguments with whoever wants to spar. good idea gio. maybe a swap meet of some sort might be workable at the same time
cheers
keith
Old 14th April 2006, 08:02 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Yup, I'm in for sure. Maybe by then I'll be able to finish my A-X's.

Lookin forward to it!

Hide this!Advertise here!