proposed DIY meeting in Winnipeg, Manitoba

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am tossing around the idea of a DIY meeting in Winnipeg, Manitoba to see if enough people would be interested to make this worthwhile.

If you are in the Winnipeg area, please reply if you are interested as well, feel free to add any suggestions you may have.

I was thinking along the lines of getting a room at the UofW (central location) for a Saturday in the Fall. People could bring down some of their projects to show off and meet some locals with the same hobby.

Aside - would it be possible for a moderator to get me a list of diyAudio members who are located in Manitoba?

Cheers,
Gio.

Hey, this is a good start! Yup, tell your friends. I think this can work out well.

On a side note, I went to the Pony Corral on Grant for a drink last night. There was a band playing, The Carpet Frogs (www.thecarpetfrogs.com/index2.html) and they were joined by Burton Cummings! Burton sang for them on the final set. Despite the terrible acoustics, Burton sounded very good! It was really good.

He did three or four classic rock covers and then he did Break It To Them Gently, Hand Me Down World (I love that song) and Shakin all Over was the encore. It made for a real fun time!

Cheers,
Gio.

I may be interested in coming down -- I don't really have anything to "show off" my self due to my being so busy with my EE degree but my Dad, I'm sure, could bring a thing or two. He's been working on so many things lately it's crazy. Three or four tube pre-amps, and tube-based guitar amps, etc. I don't think we could bring our speakers though -- they're too big :cool:

http://members.shaw.ca/lcleven/home_page1.html

meeting in winnipeg

hey there
this sounds like a real good idea. it would be fun to bring some like minded characters together and get into some technical arguments with whoever wants to spar. good idea gio. maybe a swap meet of some sort might be workable at the same time
cheers
keith

OK, just a reminder that Sep 9 is coming along quickly.

The DIY Audio meeting is set for:

September 9 at the University of Winnipeg from 12:00pm to 5:00pm. The location is 2M71 (Manitoba Hall).

There will be no cost for this event. Mark at www.mach5audio.com will be picking up the room tab.

I will buy some drinks (pop!) and get some doughnuts.

As for audio gear, I am planning to bring down my Gainclone, Tube amp and FE127E bipoles.

It would be appreciated if people could post their intention to attend and if they plan to bring any audio gear.

So tell your friends and I hope to see you there.

Cheers,
Gio.

I'll post some signs up at the University so you folks can find your way around...

I'll bring along a Sonosub I just finished putting together for a test (using an MJ-18). We'll see if we can mate it to your fullranges.

There has been much skepticism about the drivers I brought in (price, quality), so I'll bring one of each for those who want to examine them.

... and some other samples I've received.

Parking on Saturday should be no problem. Right across the street is the Bus Depot parkade, and there's free parking on Balmoral.

Mark

SEP 09 2006 - DIY Audio Winnipeg Meeting

The details again ... :)

September 09 : Noon till 5PM
University of Winnipeg (515 Portage Avenue)
Room 2M71 - second floor Manitoba Hall

Parking is free on weekends downtown.

If you have a project, bring it down! Or just swing by for a doughnut and drink and say hello.

There is no cost, so bring your friends!

Cheers,
Gio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.