searching threads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
how do you use the search fields?
I tried :-
mass loading
mass loading + Fs
"mass loading" + "Fs"
"mass loading" + Fs" & Q
then all of these in loudspeakers threads.

All the searchs came of with totally irrelevant threads. Some never even used the terms entered in the search fields.

Help me make sense of this.

Previous searches have been a little more helpful.

I think exact phrase here is logical "or"ed with other search entries, reducing its usefulness - additional terms just broaden and dilute the specificity

it is possible to use google with the advanced settings that will only return results from the diyaudio domain

you can use google to search within a domain using "search string site: diyaudio.com" but I dont know why we cant search the forum. Is there any reason mods why I cant search for F3 for example. Is it not a simple config change in the software to enable this?

BTW Im just wondering why so few people have commented on this as its really frustrated me over the years. Maybe Im too demanding, which reminds me, I must be about due for another donation:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.