Broken link for "about"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jwb said:
The path /about/ does not exist, but it is linked up on the front page.
They really have no "about" link.
There are several of the links that only points back to frontpage.
If I was in charge of this site, I would put some
more info
in all those links.

An about link
An rules link
An policy link
An ...... link

As now is you have to go Searching around on different pages. Like FAQ.
-------------------------------------------------
This technique is often used by some dubious sites,
to make things very hard to find,
what they do not want anybody to find.

An example is: Where you should complain
another is: What does the product REALLY cost
another one: What is the E-mail to the responsable person

jwb and halojoy,

I can assure you that there is nothing dubious about the links that go no where. This site is run by Jason who has a full time job as Sys Admin over at Sitepoint. This site costs money but does not yet make any. So, when Jason is not busy earning a living, he keeps this site running. Put simply, there are not enough hours in the day for him to please everyone so he worries about paying the rent / putting food on the table before coming over here and rightly so. We have a number of changes planned for this site over the following year or so that, just be a little patient and watch things unfold.

Regards,
AudioFreak
Moderator.

Sounds promising

I'll await
I know there is nothing dubious here. On the contrary.
But you all know what I mean about "the style".
I wouldn't want visitors to associate DiYAudio with something like that.
----------------------

Hidden prizes on the web.

If you are ashamed of clearly stating the Price,
you probably yourself have a feeling of that
your product is not worth its price.

That would make my alarm bells begin to ring.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
GRATEFUL DEAD

I can assure you that there is nothing dubious about the links that go no where. This site is run by Jason who has a full time job as Sys Admin over at Sitepoint. This site costs money but does not yet make any. So, when Jason is not busy earning a living, he keeps this site running. Put simply, there are not enough hours in the day for him to please everyone so he worries about paying the rent / putting food on the table before coming over here and rightly so. We have a number of changes planned for this site over the following year or so that, just be a little patient and watch things unfold.

Priority one first:Survive.

There are a number of factors as to why this forum is successfull.
One if them being the fact is non-commercial.

You all want to change that,don't you?

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I actually spotted that about a week ago, for the first time in what about 2 years. I can't believe I never got round to making those pages. Goes to show my stop-start way of doing things :)

I will get round to [replacing] those pages (most were in the old design) when I get a mo.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.