How many times to the symphony or opera

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good question. It seems from another thread that most diyaudio members listen to the kinds of music that do not exist outside electronic reproduction. And what is created electronically is easy to reproduce electronically, especially since professional gear is rather high power than high end. In my experience many $300-$500 Class AB amplifiers and $100-$200 speakers from Best Buy are absolutely adequate for electronic music. I like Enya among other things, and when I hear her through an old Kenwood KR-720 sereo, I do not ask for more. However, with classical music this is totally different. I wish I could play piano records in such a way that a neighbor asks if my daughter is playing piano. Alas, even with the best system anyone will unmistakeably distinguish a recording from live performance (rock concerts not included).

About 10-15 a year for Symphonic and chamber music, Basically, every time I go in Rome for working purposes, I tend to go to the new state-of-art Auditorium...

I like also Folkloristic and un-plugged pop-concerts, in Milan there are many little clubs that provide this kind of music. Here is not possible for me to count the number of concerts I attend.

bye,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.