Info on Bybee Quantum Purifiers needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are you trying to get something started here?

google gave

1st hit - http://www.bybeetech.com - on the page was "prepare to be amazed"

2nd hit http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0702/bybee.htm

3rd Hit: "relief from horniness" http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1201/vonschweikertdb100.htm

Kinda catchy I thought -

Now which hit do you think I went to first?

Ah peter - you are never boring! ;)

Ken

PS You going to buy some of these and let us know??

If you get relief from horniness, I mean?

brain.....exploding.

I may not be the highest end audiphile, but can I tell you these cannot be as good as my snake-oil infused interconnects.
;)

Man, its like the guy isn't even trying. The engergy required to effect measureable phonons within copper would be a lot. A whole heck of a lot more than are possible with any amp we could get out hands on. Besides, a non-latice structure is pretty much imune. Now this off course assumes that we could even hear it. Looking at a driver the wrong way would have more effect on the sound.

Bybee - Big Claims But Probably True.....

I have been using something with similar effect for years.
I have tried using samples of superconducting material but it did not like the sound imparted.
In a DSP AD/DA box belonging to my cousin, we set it into sig gen mode and had a look (CRO) at the staircase waveform out of the DAC.
The horizontal sections of the waveform had a randomish noise superimposed without the 'stuff' and an ordered noise with the 'stuff'.
On listening to white noise (preamp hiss or FM hiss) the nature of this noise changes subtley and becomes rather easier on the ear.
On music program the effect is a nice cleaning of the sound, more friendly and involving, nicer detail, and ability to run a given system harder before getting nasty.
This works for me on modern shelf systems, component hifi, pub PA systems, and even on a 20,000 audience PA system when placed on the multicore and power feeds.
Interestingly the effect is not immediate - it takes a couple of seconds to kick in, and a couple of seconds to disappear when the 'stuff' is removed.
Placing the 'stuff' on transformers, components, cabinets, cables, AC cords, speaker magnets all have this effect.

Colleages who have heard the effect all remark 'Put it back' when shown in A/B testing, and 'more analogue'.
I now can't be bothered listening without it.

Eric.

Jack is quite at peace with the reality that the "you can't hear it if I can't measure it" and "if it's not in my college physics book, it's not true" types who haunt the Internet forums will most likely reject the Quantum Purifiers without trying them, and possibly even after trying them. The closed mind is mightier than the ear, I suppose. In this writer's opinion, anyone who can't hear the musical benefits of this technology is barking up the wrong hobby.

I love this - the typical "If you can't hear it, then you don't know what you are doing".

Double blind, anyone? :D

I'm not sure what the term "near-superconducting" means, though Bybee throws it around a lot. I'd guess that he doesn't know what it means, either, but figured it sounded cool.

BTW, a quick search of the USPTO indicated that he's never gotten a patent in the field of conductive materials- or for anything else, either. Hmmm. Even a dummy like me was able to squeeze out half a dozen or so during my defense industry years.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
RESISTANCE TO PROGRESS?

Hi guys,

Where to start?

Didn't you all have the same dismissive attitude when OFC cables were introduced?

I know I had.

Didn't you all have the same dismissive attitude when cryo treatment was introduced?

I know I had.

Didn't you all have the same dismissive attitude when silver cables were introduced?

I know I had.

Didn't you all have the same dismissive attitude when CD-players were introduced?

I know I had.

Didn't you all have the same dismissive attitude when component isolation was introduced?

I know I had.

Didn't you all have the same dismissive attitude when you were told to forget that suspended TT deck and go for high mass unsuspended one?

Ok.You got me,I knew that last one all along.

Point is I know this to work and susprisingly well to boot.

I also know why it works,forgive me for saying so but quantum physics IS physics much the same as you have algebra and abstract math,much the same as you have organic and anorganic chemistry.
Much the same as you have flatearthers too.

Is it worth the expense?
I'ld consider it were my system CD based and I'm sure I had it to it's full potential maxed and squared.
Do I know ways to design in such a way as to not need it to get the same results?

I might.

Main question is are the claims valid?

ABSOLUTELY.

Last question: what is the biggest problem for a scientist?

A:His environment and all the prejudice that goes with it.

ROTMFLAO....

Peter:try before you buy.

Cheers,;)

Ummmm, welllllllllll

while I cracked a joke about it, I was only half kidding - knowing that Peter will try different things -

I was referring to the subjectivist -objectivist thread that ran on so long when I asked was he trying to start something.

I will readily say that I am skeptical but not convinced of either con or pro.

Only my ears will convince me of yea or nay - but with the product being ultra high dollars, on my budget, I am unlikely to make a final determination, which is why I figured Peter Daniel could _test_ the product for the rest of us at DIYAUDIO. ;)

I do have one reservation, though - If this is "the greatest thing since grits" why have we not heard of it as being so??

On even numbered weeks I am a skeptical cynic. On odd numbered weeks I reverse myself and am a cynical skeptic, for balance - and because I have trouble remembering which week I'm supposed to be on:D

Ken

Frank, just one question. Do you see differences in degree of wildness in evaluating wild claims? Would you treat someone who claims to have greatly increased a generator's efficiency, beyond what engineers know how to do but within the realm of conservation of energy, the same way as someone who claims to have invented a perpetual motion machine?

In your mind, when someone throws around buzzword terms which have specific meaning to professionals in the field (which I'm not, though I've published a few refereed papers on quantum theory and conductive materials), but uses the terms in "unusual" ways, offers no evidence other than testimonials, is secretive about what exactly is going on behind the curtain, AND is selling something, is there not *some* presumption that this might be a scam?

BTW, James Bond shot a waiter in one of his movies for saying what you said about Claret.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
WITH ALL RESPECT DUE.

Hi Sy,

I understand you fully.

More than one question is put forward so I'll try to address it and respectfully:

"BTW, James Bond shot a waiter in one of his movies for saying what you said about Claret."

As we're both wine lovers I'll address this point first:

To quote one of the most hilarious Caribbean musicians,Shaggy:

"It wasn't me"

Admittedly I got tipped and played along.

Q#2.
Do you see differences in degree of wildness in evaluating wild claims? Would you treat someone who claims to have greatly increased a generator's efficiency, beyond what engineers know how to do but within the realm of conservation of energy, the same way as someone who claims to have invented a perpetual motion machine?

A#2.Yes.Yes.

Q#3.
In your mind, when someone throws around buzzword terms which have specific meaning to professionals in the field (which I'm not, though I've published a few refereed papers on quantum theory and conductive materials), but uses the terms in "unusual" ways, offers no evidence other than testimonials, is secretive about what exactly is going on behind the curtain, AND is selling something, is there not *some* presumption that this might be a scam?

A#3.No.Has anyone ever met with a product revealing all of the science behind the thinking as to the why and how?

Sorry,but I think ByBee is very revealing compared to the rest I've seen.

Best regards,:cool:

I have no problem with the concept that placing the right mix of materials strategically placed can make a nice sonic improvement/change/tuning/flavour to audio systems big and small - I know this for fact.
I do however have problems with USD$500 or USD$750 for what in my experience can be had for much, much less.
Frank, thanks for your words regarding openness to 'new' ideas.

Guys, (the non-believers*) just because you don't know the reasons or cannot grasp the concept or have not experience, please learn to be uncynical toward new ideas.

The key is to open your mind and then your ears, and then you will hear more clearly.

Eric.

* - I use the term 'believer' wrongly.
I more so mean those who are dismissive and yet inexperienced.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.