Info on Bybee Quantum Purifiers needed - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th November 2002, 02:26 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

One of the regulars here has an appropriate signature-

Something about keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brain falls out....

MR
Old 8th November 2002, 02:32 PM   #22
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

The great philosophers Penn and Teller once said that if a major beakthrough in our understanding of the Universe happens, it probably won't be announced on The Tonight Show by a washed-up dancer.

There's a corollary: when a major revolution in all of quantum and solid state physics occurs, it probably won't be from a guy selling hifi gadgets out of his garage.
Old 8th November 2002, 08:11 PM   #23
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
Interesting article on an "Analog Fuzzy Audio Processor for Loudspeaker Systems". It goes along with this thread:

http://brian.prohosting.com/fuzzy.pdf

--
Brian
Old 8th November 2002, 08:14 PM   #24
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
pic of conclusion:

--
Brian
Attached Images
File Type: gif fuzzy.gif (16.7 KB, 473 views)
Old 9th November 2002, 12:11 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default "I do have one reservation, though - If this is "the greatest thing since grits"....

Because of the extreme prices quoted mainly, and therefore very limited market penetration.

Also getting one's head around the concept that putting some kind of obscure mix of materials around a wire can change sound.

Hell, most guys here refuse to believe or understand that cable dielectrics of differing materials or colours can influence the sound.

The 'stuff' I speak of has strong sonic effect and is cheap, although difficult for most people to obtain.

The effect of Mpingos can be heard clearly by those who have heard them, but nobody bought them because they are too expensive, and the mystical marketing department words probably do not help either.
I have heard Mpingos and agree that they do influence system sound, however I do not particularly like their sound.

Peter, if you can get the opportunity to try the Bybee purifiers for free, by all means do so.
I expect that they will have a sonic effect, maybe not completely pleasant, and the price may not match the benefit.

Eric.
Old 9th November 2002, 01:09 AM   #26
diyAudio Senior Member

Default JUST A THOUGHT...

Hi,

Every one continent,culture or what has has it's favoured accesories for hi-fi.
Quite likely just dependng om local press and hype but who knows?

People talk about the mpingo stuff,they may never have heard of fluxblusters and so on.

Would it be a dead end if we were to collect that into a single thread?

We could even add cables,analogue i/c l/s and powercords or what have you as well.

One could then discuss ideas about the composition of said accessory and why it seems to do what is is prceived to do?

With the Cryo and Bybee stuff currntly running it just flushed, err crossed my mind.

???
Old 9th November 2002, 01:15 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

I am sure most of you already know it, but for the rest of you,
there was quite a lot of discussion about the Bybees over at
audoiasylum a while back. I don't have a link at hand, but
searching for Bybee should get you there.
Old 9th November 2002, 01:50 AM   #28
diyAudio Senior Member

Default BUZZBEE.

Hi,

Looking back,I think it would be both wise and interesting to concentrate on what said product claims to do in general.

How the results are achieved is of course the most ineresting part obviously but I would advise against concentrating on a particular brandname,rather pick a name for the application.

What can be measured?What not?
Does any of our members have experience with this?
What say the press and so on?

Nice weekend,
Old 9th November 2002, 09:57 AM   #29
diyAudio Moderator

As MRehorst was good enough to quote my sig earlier on, I thought I better put my Ha'porth in!

The thing that makes me cynical about all these hyper expensive tweaks, is that, the price.

In general I am a cynic, but despite the fact I could see no physical reason for it , I tried using Cat5 cable as connection cables from my rectifier to my gainclone amp, and I was pleased with the result.

But, if this was done as a commercial product, the sleeving would be a different colour, and the price would be about 1000 a metre, for exactly the same product. It would have a flashy web site, with loads of technobo**ocks, and glowing reveiws from al the latest trendy hi end mags, simply because the manufacturers had bought some ad space.

Then the psychology kicks in. People would buy the product at this horrendous price, possibly hear a small improvement, which is tiny in relation to that produced by well designed and engineered kit that could be bought, (or built, as we are on a DIY website), for a fraction of the price. Then they have to justify this purchase to themselves, and so the hype factor comes in, as they broadcast the "New Way" to all and sundry to avoid undermining there own self esteme and "good taste".

From my memories of studying economics, ( a long time ago!), the availabilty of products against price, should be that of a bell shaped curve. I bet if these high end tweeks were plotted this way it would be skewed badly towards higher prices!

Rant over...

Eric- don't keep us in suspense, tell what this magic material is so we can try it for ourselves
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 11th November 2002, 12:23 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Default White Magic....

"Eric- don't keep us in suspense, tell what this magic material is so we can try it for ourselves"

Al, I could tell, but then I would have to kill you.

I have spent 30 years studying many many aspects of all the sciences (mainstream and alternate) before coming to predictions and homing in on the right 'stuff', so sorry I can't tell for now.
This is not intended as conceit, rather keeping a commercial opportunity close to my chest.
This need not be expensive and easily incorporated into new at production level, or existing systems, so as I see it, it may be a pleasant improvement to all audio and visual systems, even become standard equipment.
The first step in this road to Damascus is to understand what your ears are telling you.

I fully agree that extreme retail prices on some tweaks invite great suspicion, especially when clothed in extraordinary claims and explanations.
I have a little more homework to do in terms of formally backing up some of my findings, and then I can give honest explanations to support such a product.
This is not black magic, and need not be expensive.

Eric.

Hide this!Advertise here!