WHERE: Gold Hex bolts?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi mate,

you could get yourself a copy of a mountain bike mag, MBUK for example and look for anodised bolts (i will look when i get home if you want), they come in all kinds of colours including gold.

If you ment actual gold plating then i have no idea where yu could get some.

Mark.

ps, heard from anyone at uni latley?

Mispent childhood mate! ;) Far too much time on computers!

UNIVERSITY TALK:
No...But a bit of juicy gossip - Alison saw Andi at uni about a week after I told Jane Eggleston that he had told BNFL that he'd passed everything! He ignored Ali so he's pissed off about something...Wonder what or who?! :angel:

How are you doing anyway?
END OF UNIVERSITY TALK!

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
The Golden Screw

Years and years ago, this young lad was born with a golden screw in his navel. When he went swimming with his friends, they all made fun of him. One day while walking in the Enchanted Forest, his Fairy Godmother appeared and promised to grant him one wish. Without hesitation, he said, "I wish I was rid of this golden screw in my navel!" His fairy Godmother said, "Very well, take this bag of magic sand and sprinkle it in your eyes. You will fall sound asleep, and when you wake up, your wish will be granted."

The little boy quickly sat down next to a large tree, sprinkled the sand in his eyes and fell promply asleep. A little while later, he awoke and looked down and saw that the screw was no longer there. He was so happy that he got up and danced and kicked his heels...and then his butt fell off.

Coming unscrewed myself,
Fred

Hi,
Didn't think about painting them...

Like I said, I've bought these Zinc & Yellow Plated Bolts. Does anyone know of a decent picture of a Zinc & Yellow finish? All I can find are fixings companies that just list their products with no pictures. I know it won't change the sound, but I think a good finish is just as important. If it wasn't, then we wouldn't get so much enjoyment from Peter's Fantastic Craftsmanship! He's the inspiration for all good work!!! ;)

Cya
Gaz

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
PLATING

Hi,

I don't know how many of these screws you want to plate but here in Belgium you have some smaller companies specializing in plating or tinning all kind of metals.

Usually they use a chemical cleaning bath first to prepare the stuff.
Then it goes into another bath where the plating is done by electrolysis.
Now if your not in a hurry and it's just for a few pieces you can ask if they could throw your stuff in next time they prepare for someone elses' large order.

Just a thought,;)

Rarkov said:

Does anyone know of a decent picture of a Zinc & Yellow finish?

Don't paint them. Will leave marks when tightening them. This might be how they look.

Attachments

• bolt.jpg
    bolt.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 97
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.