Passive HT Receiver?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is a "reasonably" priced model that came to mind. There may be others at or below this price point, and you can spend a lot more if you wish. Outlaw products I've seen reviewed generally were looked uponfavorably, for what that is worth. I've never seen one, much less heard one.

Edit:

Throwing your revised definition (less the /processor) into Google came up with a bunch of options: Search results

Those Outlaw units look nice, but a little bit more than I was looking to spend. There doesn't seem to be any "budget" HT preamps out there, cheapest I have found is $600+. Its strange you can find boat loads of HT receivers for under $200. Somehow NOT having amplified channels makes them worth more. :xeye:

What you are running into is the marketplace. People not wanting to spend money buy receivers. People building component systems are not looking for cheap. Your quest is the same thing as looking for a disposable camera with changeable telephoto lenses.

Seems that getting a full featured receiver and ignoring the power amp is the economical way to go. The choice being waste money or waste circuitry.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.