Flying subwoofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok so i was just recalling going to an airshow when i was little and seeing the B2 stealth bomber for the first and only time in my life... and the one thing i really got from teh experience is how incredibly quiet it was, but then i started thinking... what if they used audio technology in the stealth bomber? why not... maybe they had some audio nerds just liek us working on the project back in the day. Check out the picture, you might jsut be looking at band pass chambers or something, that funky looking nozzle could be filtering out all but the lows. (and i already knew i was a nerd looong ago :D)
stealth-bomber-4.jpg

I would personally think that filtering out the lows if possible would be more important because you can hear them from farther away. Though you can more readily hear higher frequencies. It would be interesting if they used some sort of noise cancelling like headphones but I think that would be far to cost prohibitive and power hungry. Even for Skunkworks.

I'm a big fan of WWII air craft mostly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.