I am not HarryHaller!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The kind of stuff that stacks up in my inbox..........

I should not have to explain this, but it seems I have to. Just because all manner of bizarre things appear to take place while I am gone.......like "Phred" posting under his real name........does not mean I have anything to do with it. So:

I am not "Harry Haller".

"Harry Haller" is not me.

The fact that some of you people think that suggests to me that perhaps some of you guys spend too much time listening to Art Bell or Bill Cooper on SW radio. I've never even read any Herman Hesse.

OK......so maybe I've read Kafka.........

Anyway. I don't want to have to 'splain this again.

Jocko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
I was the victim of circumstance as are we all
Hey! That means I was a victim of soycumstances too!

Rodd Yamashita

Attachments

• currly_01.jpg
    currly_01.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 709
Welcome back Jocko

I never thought you were HH.

You always seemed more --

---------------Ummm --------------------

--wellllll---------------------------------

darn! I started to say rational but that didn't quite fit, then several other things that still didn't quite fit. :D

So I'll just say _balanced_.

Glad to see you round again, hope your life has settled down somewhat.

Ken L

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Uh uh uh!
:note: There’s a hold-up in the Bronx.
Brooklyn’s broken out in fights.
There’s a traffic jam in Harlem,
That’s backed up to Jackson Heights.:note:

:note: There’s a scout troop short a child.
Kruschev’s due at Idlewild.:note:
CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU??:cannotbe:

Toody and Muldoon could have used the “pull of the Chrono-Synclastic Infundibula.”:)

Rodd Yamashita

Attachments

• car54_02.jpg
    car54_02.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 510
Product of circumstances???

Some of us might be, but Mr. 137 is just a product of a bunch of dimensionless numbers multiplied together.

And while I am at it.......(rant time):

If I read one more time that guys like Phred and I are out of work because we are hard to get along with, I am going to come over to your house and shove your dog's head down the toilet.

We are out of work because the place(s) that we worked at closed entire departments; or like me.......entire divisions of the companies we were at. So everyone was on the street, from the biggest horse's butts to the tiniest, most timid, boot-licking toadie.

I don't want to have to 'splain this again.

Jocko

Jocko, I have never thought you were hard to get along with

and that is my impression of what the rest of the posters here at diyaudio feel about you.

Besides, being out of work is somewhat like going bankrupt - it happens in the best of families and usually beyond the control of those involved.

It does however, feel very personal when you're out of work, or telling creditors to go ahead, serve you and knock themself out.

I never filed, eventually paid everyone that was still asking for their money and all of the "small businesses" regardless of how far back it went. The ones I had negotiated out or that wrote it off at my request simply remained that way.

When you're going through tough times it is hard to remember that it isn't personal, cause you sure have to deal with it personally.

In my case, I rode it all the way without filing during a textbook market shakeout and all of my competitors went under but one.

It'll turn the other way, sometimes it just seems like forever.

Ken L

Disabled Account
Joined 2001
It'll turn the other way, sometimes it just seems like forever.

It'll never turn the other way. This is the way it will be forever or until people stop allowing their jobs and work and employment to be turned to S.H.I.T by greedy unscoupulous run right over the top of you bastards sitting in their 10,000 square foot luxury houses while they wonder what colour to paint the Yatch.

I say close your borders and make all your goods in your home country. Thats the way to stuff up this cancerous world trade that is putting you and your children out of employment.

This is not a political statement. Its a DIY statement. Lot of my best friends in the electronics industry are now totally unemployed. No one wants them. Too qualified, too old, too hard for management to **** on. Nobody wants real people anymore. They just want to import cheap crap from Asia and make a buck without really lifting a finger and doing any work.

I am totally convinced that New Zealand was a much happier place when we made more of our household goods ourselves.

My Government gets an earful from me (and others) regularly

See my website.

Experimental Error/I agree

Jocko..I'm an experimentalist...it's experimental error...although the fine structure constant..alpha...approximately 1/137 is know to quite a few decimal places.

Remp..I agree and good luck. I looked at your web site and couldn't agree more. The US has a different set of problems but the results are the same. I've been unemployed for a year after our Chicago based billionaire real estate investor decided he didn't want to play in tech anymore. We were a small company manufacturing novel semiconductor packaging for RF and other high speed devices. We had just landed a contract to supply substrates for power amps going into Motorola's new phones and were about ready to make it. Well..on Monday (Nov. 5, 2001) we hear..."Close the doors on Thursday...and we aren't making the payroll...yeah we owe you 3 weeks pay...you will get it when we feel like giving it to you."

I had the pleasure of being in New Zealand the summer of 1970..loved it..a truly beautiful country...

Unfortunately politicians are the same everywhere...their only concern if for their own wealth and comfort...the same goes for most senior managers who are more concerned with their personal gains than building an ongoing organization. It has happened to every empire in history...now we see it happening globally.

rt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.