How about a DIY pro audio forum - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th November 2010, 07:53 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I suggest that an Audio "pro" is too busy earning to have time to build his own equipment for his "pro" use.
I wish that were the case. Ideally yeah I would like to be that busy but I'm young, poor and in my city everyone has a great deal of downtime due to the winter months. Lots of us pro guys go a little stir crazy in the off season. Making mic cables gets a bit old after 3 months.
Old 17th November 2010, 08:12 PM   #32
Banned

I see that this was first mooted nearly 5 years ago and only now has anybody brought the subject up again, which indicates to me that the interest is not as intense as might have been thought 5 years ago.

w
Old 17th November 2010, 08:33 PM   #33
lohk is offline lohk  Europe
diyAudio Member

Of course many interested people are since long active at very busy forums like Prodigy Forum DIY - Index (234703 Posts and 18346 Topics in "The Lab") - a lot more "pros" than you may think make parts of their own equipment themselves (like microphone preamps, eqs, channel strips, passive mixers, etc.).
Old 28th November 2010, 07:18 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

I would surely welcome a place to discuss ideas and common knowledge that is not quite touched on in this place. There is a large difference between what goes on @ PSW and here. Most of the time when someone on PSW wants to build their own system they are immediately told to LISTEN to what the PROS say! And then the usual creatvity crushing comments come in from most(not all) of the responders, spouting about the need to buy $2000each boxes in order to do it properly.
I see a lot of guys come out of there much worse for wear noT having gained anything, and you know they're not able to buy that type of equipment.
With a pro section, many of the advanced thinkers around here ,like Jbell and GM etc. with their knowledge of design and implementation would be able to show others the Way to successful DIY Pro applications.
As we all come from different backgrounds not all of us can afford pro equipment, so for the most part we improvise with what we can. Take myself,I started out building home speakers and found they were no good for parties I was DJing. So I bought better drivers and built tougher boxes and this continued to the point where I build my line of mains and subs and enjoy it very much.
I hope this idea comes to fruition so people like me have a place to exchange ideas and theories, instead of having to wade thru tons of partially related threads/posts.
Thanks for bringing this up

Last edited by Top Shelf; 28th November 2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 28th November 2010, 10:01 AM   #35
palesha is offline palesha  India
diyAudio Member

Pro audio DIY?
Many think this is not possible.
Many times there are problems with particular equipments.
Some times we think to tweak something.
With discussion people learn more about different equipments.

If not satisfied with commercially available equipment, someone want to design or tweak it their own way.
The speaker box is designed by many at speaker plans forum. see the intensity.
i think the pro audio forum must start.
Old 30th November 2010, 05:05 PM   #36
sagard is offline sagard  India
diyAudio Member

Default BT board and Volume control

Hi All,

can somebody tell me where to connect volume control and Bass Treble board connections for STK 4142 II ,Please check the pics attached and help me.

thanks
Sagar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 002.jpg (771.9 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 004.jpg (745.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (740.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 003.jpg (750.7 KB, 63 views)
Old 2nd December 2010, 05:39 PM   #37
wrinkle is offline wrinkle  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
There are three forums now that are into DIY Pro Audio:

DIY - Index
DIY Audio Engineering - Index
PSW Recording Forums: Welcome to the forum
The middle one tries to stick to interested amateurs only, I wouldnt call it a pro forum.

Wrinkle
Old 2nd December 2010, 07:09 PM   #38
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Ok, I tend to agree with Poobah:
How about a DIY pro audio forum

and I have combined most everyone's requests into one "Mission Statement". Yeah it's simplistic and reads like a techie Personals ad ( good luck finding the woman of your dreams fulfilling this wish list! ) but I think it spells out what I see as a niche for us.

"For young & poor, audio pro or amateur, who like to make and tweak things and love to share construction, upgrades, modification ideas and experiences with like minded and afflicted folks to enhance everyone's understanding and raise the fun factor."

Title could be:
"PA Systems, Recording & Music Making"

What do you guys think?

Last edited by Variac; 2nd December 2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 2nd December 2010, 09:03 PM   #39
col is offline col  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
"PA Systems, Recording & Music Making"
Perfect!

can't wait.

col.

Last edited by Variac; 2nd December 2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 2nd December 2010, 09:40 PM   #40
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Still too long..

PA's, Recording & Playing

hmmmm?

Hide this!Advertise here!