How about a DIY pro audio forum - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th January 2006, 11:07 PM   #11
lohk is offline lohk  Europe
diyAudio Member

As an audio pro myself I will strongly welcome an audio pro forum here. Although DIYaudio has been growing very much in the last years there is still much ground to cover. I am also looking forward to consumer versus professional discussions, about the ambivalence of values and methods, about different necessities of creating and/or re-creating sound.
There are many audio pro forums in the net nowadays, but no dedicated DIYforum for that. Think of all those compressors, filters and preamps possible, and also software resources experience sharing, soundcards mods etc. I think also that the lot of non-pro computer audio users here could probably get certain profit.

ad astra!

Klaus
Old 21st January 2006, 06:51 AM   #12
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Default Re: How about a DIY pro audio forum

Quote:
Originally posted by testlab
Is there anyone else out there who would participate in DIY for pro audio? I would love to share upgrade and modification ideas with like minded and afflicted folks. I myself, really like restoring vintage Soundcraft consoles.
Have you checked this pro audio forum?
http://prodigy-pro.com/forum/
Old 27th January 2006, 04:34 PM   #13
palesha is offline palesha  India
diyAudio Member

Quicker the better. It will be a good forum 4 everybody.
Old 27th January 2006, 04:38 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to sauuuuuce
Default Here Here!!

Much agreed. I too would like there to be a pro audio section to the site
Old 27th January 2006, 05:56 PM   #15
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Good to get input, and all these votes help us determine how much interest there is.

However , remember that we can't do this until we get new software, which should be pretty soon.

WHEN we get the new software installed, THEN make sure to bring this up again- don't let us forget.
Old 28th January 2006, 12:59 AM   #16
Enzo is offline Enzo  United States
diyAudio Member

I am a pro audio guy, and I come here and scan the everything else, musical instruments, tube, and solid state foorums, looking for exactly that - the scattered pro audio stuff.
Old 28th January 2006, 01:02 AM   #17
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Enzo,
This should make it easier. The problem is we could duplicate almost every audio thread in pro audio. There may be some mixing.

On the plus side, the pro guys can network more easily.

-Chris
Old 28th January 2006, 01:34 AM   #18
poobah is offline poobah  United States
diyAudio Member

Guys,

Could I make a suggestion in the most diplomatic of ways... or at least try?

Might I suggest opening a forum or two, or four? Perhaps: 1) live, stage, and sound reinforcement. 2) studio, recording, and mixing. 3) dj and karaoke. 4)??????

Now, let the experts change/refine the names as they see fit. My only concern is that everyone from chipamps to plasma speakers made with powder Rhino horn ioniziner, would like to wear the badge "Pro" on their projects, systems and beliefs. Pro falls in to some distinct categories... but pro means: doing it for living.

For the sake of diplomacy, I will keep the balance of reasons for this suggestion largely unsaid.

Old 28th January 2006, 02:27 AM   #19
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

My question is how far should we stretch the diy part? It's nice to have the discussion but does it reflect the interests of the principal(s)?

I love pro gear, and the stuff I own for sure, but most of it seems to be assembly, is there much diyAudio in it?
Old 28th January 2006, 03:02 AM   #20
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Well, to be honest .... We are going to get a similar amount of "got a schematic for X?" and "this doesn't work so ... ?" along with making jigs and getting gear to talk to each other.

This is okay in the current threads and the discussions will be interesting I'm sure. So I wouldn't worry about it too much at the moment. You may even learn how to setup and calibrate a Studer, and what tape (Agfa) to avoid.

-Chris

Hide this!Advertise here!