Question about snap in capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently purchased 6 10000uf 100vdc caps off of ebay. If you are looking at it from the bottom, it looks somewhat like the attached diagram. The red are pins that stick out and away from the bottom, which are part of the black that attach to the capacitor itself. the black circle represents the casing. Iam curious as to why there are 4 pins, as all the capacitors i have seen up to this moment have been 2 leaded. Are they for mouting only? If so, how do i tell which are the active ones?

Attachments

• cap10000uf.jpg
    cap10000uf.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 192
are there mounting sockets for these things to mount on a pcb/chassis? also i was having some trouble locating the manufacturers sheet. I believe they are made by nippon chemi-con and have the following marking on them:
82da
10000uf uv
100vdc
9528l 42
+85 degrees c

i believe they are alum electrolytic, but iam not sure. Can anyone help me in finding the data sheet?

I cannot find the data sheet. No, they do not use sockets. You can use your DVM to figure the pins.

1. The negative should be easy... it is labeled

2. Measure from negative to other pins, if they read 0.00 Ohms, they are negative also. If not they are positive. The 82 DA is not so old... CHEMI-con website is joke!

EDIT:

I found their mounting guide... enjoy. Some terminals are "dummies".

Attachments

• al-terminals-e-050906.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 91
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.