Banning or not banning, the beat goes on - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 25th October 2002, 07:59 AM   #1
diyAudio Retiree

Default I was a big Monkees fan.....

Or rather, the music is over, but the beat goes on. By a popular demand I removed out of context parts of Aleph X thread and created a new thread. Since it's concerning mostly Fred, I opened it with his post, which probably triggered the whole thing. Enjoy it and as always, feel free to comment as you like.

Peter Daniel

Back to Fred now:

Now I'm a believer!

Cheer up sleepy Jean
Oh what can it mean,

Fred
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jmobile.jpg (36.3 KB, 314 views)

Old 25th October 2002, 11:59 AM   #2
grataku is offline grataku  United States
diyAudio Member

Harry or Fred or whatever, the issues you are speaking of have been discussed and put to rest a long time ago by Nelson Pass himself so no need for you the come here and play "night in shining armor". All you are doing is making yourself look more like a psycho-jackass. If you have something technical to contribute do it, otherwise stay gone!

Peter,
correct me if I am wrong but wasn't HH banned? Why is he being allowed back under all kinds of aliases? The 172 IP alone should be a dead giveaway.
Nothing like having Harry Haller back, or FredDieckmann, or Alice Liddell or whatever his or her name is to take any thread and send it right down the tubes.
It's good to be reminded of why banning sometimes is a good thing.

Old 25th October 2002, 12:09 PM   #3
Eric is offline Eric  United States
diyAudio Member

grataku: I was beginning to think the very same thing... all's been peaceful until just recently!

Old 25th October 2002, 12:11 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
grataku,

Since HH was so persistent with posting on a forum under he aliases after his was banned, but eventually apologised for everything and promised to be better, and because it seems like he can't live without our forum, his ban was temporarily lifted on condition of proper behaviour. He is currently posting under his real name.

You might check this for better understanding: No more delays, everybody speaks for himself
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC

Old 25th October 2002, 12:30 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Moderators,
so as long as one persist being a troll, keeps on trolling away, and convinces everyone that that is the way he or she is, all gets shept under the rug, that's an interesting theory.
Did he threaten you guys with suicide?

Peter, since you seem to be moderating this AlephX thread, how do you value fred's recent contributions? (remove the slices of capicolla from your eyes before looking)

It took me a couple of "f" words here and there to get a nice sin bin sentence, and change my evil ways. I guess I should have kept them up and all would have been forgiven. I afterall am the same person behind the keyboard.
Now I am really pissed off.

Old 25th October 2002, 12:56 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by grataku

Peter, since you seem to be moderating this AlephX thread, how do you value fred's recent contributions? (remove the slices of capicolla from your eyes before looking)

It took me a couple of "f" words here and there to get a nice sin bin sentence, and change my evil ways. I guess I should have kept them up and all would have been forgiven. I afterall am the same person behind the keyboard.
Now I am really pissed off.
You have every right to be pissed off. If you check Fred's recent contributions in this thread , you'll notice that they are in line with mine, which is to discourage group purchasing of Aleph X boards. Maybe we are right, maybe not, but final word is not up to us. I'm done with a whole issue.

Grataku, by using f-word you directly violated forum rules and the action was taken. I remember that post and quite liked your spontaneus reaction. You live only once, right? We moderators, however, walk very thin line between right and wrong, and it's not always easy to behave proper balance. I noticed one thing thou. We inforce strick rules and people are not happy. We loosen up and introduce more relaxed approach, people are not happy again.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC

Old 25th October 2002, 01:09 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by grataku
Moderators,
so as long as one persist being a troll, keeps on trolling away, and convinces everyone that that is the way he or she is, all gets shept under the rug, that's an interesting theory.
I would rather say, that person which was posting under HH name and currently as Fred, has more of a celebrity status here and celebrities are always created by their fans. Also, there is always a bunch of people who hate them. Let's see why:..is it because they are different?

We are very close to 100k mark in that thread, let's not spoil it before that. And remember, the chase is always better than a catch.

Old 25th October 2002, 02:29 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Peter,
I understand that the moderators held a vote on the issue.
Moderators simply have no business helding a vote on anything, expecially rules.
Moderators should be ENFORCING the EXISTING rules. If rules have to be changed then it's up to Jason as the supreme being in this site OR if he wants to keep the site democratic, a change in the rules should be voted by all members.

What we have here is a crappy kind of police state were the moderator make up the rule as they see fit, friends can help friends, and popularity rules.

Old 25th October 2002, 02:33 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Do you have any good suggestions?

Old 25th October 2002, 02:43 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Three cheers!...

...for Wessol, for making a post in the thread about DIY audio!

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!