Banning or not banning, the beat goes on - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 25th October 2002, 02:47 PM   #11
diyAudio Retiree

Default That's gratakude for you

Well...... you have succeeded where the moderators failed. I did not not threaten anybody with anything. I had some reluctance to return and had quite a bit of disscusson with Dice45, and a few members before returning. I now don't feel welcome to post here and even reluctant to read the DIY forum if this is what I find here, whether it be a result of my presence or not. I now think the Sin Bin is not such a bad idea after all and will leave it to you to spead knowledge and humor in my place. I would much rather be banned, than the focus of post such as yours. I will not do anything as pointless as asking for an apology to me or to others who got read your delightful post. Thanks for the send off and your personal efforts to make the forum a better place for all.

I got the hint,

Fred

Old 25th October 2002, 03:17 PM   #12
UrSv is offline UrSv  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Not that this has anything to do with the topic:

Fred or possibly "Fred", if you continue to be the nice boy you've showed us since your return I welcome you back. It is a fact ,IMHO, that you have both experience and knowledge on most of the subjects discussed here that is not only huge but also very useful for us.

I for one would not mind if we let this rest at seeing a new member and not letting the past clog down the threads with old grudge. I am even reluctant to post this reply.

Moderators, for what it's worth I think you made the right decision. That will probably put me up for the next (AND CHECK THIS OUT PerAnders) position as hackkyckling. That would be the Swedish word for chop chicken meaning the person everybody picks on.

/UrSv

As a salute I may one day read:

Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility by Clayton Paul

High Speed Digital Design by Howard Johnson

EMC and the Printed Circuit Board: Design, Theory, and Layout Made Simple by Mark I. Montrose

And as a side note my avatar really reflects my personality.

Old 25th October 2002, 03:27 PM   #13
grataku is offline grataku  United States
diyAudio Member

Fred was banned for trolling and never quite left, or maybe there are some alter ego or some other personality of his that kept posting here all along without his knowledge? To tell the truth I liked the boisterous HH better than the new passive aggressive Fred, he would have DEMANDED an apology!
Now which one is it? Was it Fred that was asked to return or it was his lobbying and pleading (not threatening) or just his continuous presence here that got him reinstated by default??
Maybe he should get a fresh start, get a new ISP, a new IP address, I don't know.
At least not make it so obvious.

Peter
If the banning rule needs to be put to a vote so be it, it will have to be decided by ALL members and I will have no problem respecting the decision.

Old 25th October 2002, 03:56 PM   #14
Account Disabled

Gee... Chaos. F-chaos.
Come on boys, soon 100,000 reviews.
Hurry up. Pump up more.

The worst wheel of the cart always creaks most.
Everyone has a skeleton in his closet.
Many guys try to teach a fish how to swim.
The pot calls the kettle black.
Cut off your nose to spite your face.
To each his own.
Thick skinned.
Too many cooks spoil the broth.
Running around like a chicken with his head cut off.
Out of the frying pan into the fire.
Adding insult to injury.
Do not back him into a corner.
Even a worm will turn.
When the cats away, mice will play.
The good die young.
Time heals all wounds. Hopefully....................................

Really, all hell breaks loose.
Gee... F-chaos!

Old 25th October 2002, 04:02 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 1/137 Send a message via Skype™ to 1/137
Could the non Aleph X posts be moved somewhere else?

rt

Old 25th October 2002, 04:05 PM   #16
Account Disabled

Maybe, the Aleph X be moved somewere else soon.

Old 25th October 2002, 04:10 PM   #17
diyAudio Retiree

Default Could the non Aleph X posts be moved somewhere else

AMEN! How about just deleted all together. Grey please come back and tell us how your version is gong. Or maybe Mr. Pass can get this train on the tracks again. Hell maybe I need to go finish mine....

Time wounds all heals,
Fred

Old 25th October 2002, 04:14 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 1/137 Send a message via Skype™ to 1/137
Deleted is a much better idea!

Old 25th October 2002, 04:35 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Default Re: Could the non Aleph X posts be moved somewhere else

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Dieckmann
AMEN! Hell maybe I need to go finish mine....

Time wounds all heals,
Fred
I was wondering, what's the delay. It seemed like it had everything in place, even the power swith. That Tex-X of yours.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC

Old 25th October 2002, 04:58 PM   #20
Ken L is offline Ken L  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Why can't we just drop it and move forward?

One of the great things about this place is that the rules are essentially simple guidelines along the lines of "the Golden Rule" - do unto others as you would have them do to you.

That also contributes to many of our problems. But to my mind the cure is worse than the disease.

We cannot have it both ways - our choices range between restrictions that would choke creativity and human expression to anarchy that would destroy the site.

Negativity begets negativity - and has a major tendency to feed on itself till it gets out of proportion.
In Real Life (versus Cyberspace), most of us ignore the petty Bulls**t instead of letting it ruin our day and our mood.

Can we attempt to do that on this matter - at this point in time and from this point forward?

What's done is done, and has been done for some time - must we continue to dredge it up forever?

LIfe isn't perfect or perfectly fair, nor is the site, nor are the moderators, nor are the members.

This is a situation that no matter what had been done in whatever manner more than one_ somebody_ would be unhappy with the resolution.

Let us all just get over it and move forward here as we do in real life.

Please.

Ken L

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!