Banning or not banning, the beat goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
What's done is done, and has been done for some time

As I was saying, Alex, you can be instrumental in changing the public verdict. Do you understand, Alex? Have I made myself clear?

As an unmuddied lake, Fred. As clear as an azure sky of deepest summer. You can rely on me, Fred.

I was cured all right,
Alex

Attachments

• alexmilk.jpg
    alexmilk.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 236
Fred,
still here? What did I exactly succeded in doing? Didn't you say you got the hint?! What hint? I guess you're back to the manic phase of your bi-pole. :whacko:
Didn't fool me for a moment. I guess we can look forward to more of the same from you. From now on at least try to be yourself all the time.

Let me throw in a little smile before I go.:)

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
What the ......!

How did this scary as hell guy hack my log in?:scratch: Off to change my password right now.:redhot:

MODERATOR! What kind of show are you guys running around here?:sleep:

Fred:headbash:

P.S. bi-pole? Do you mean bipolar? I actually use Fets for my designs. I prefer PASSIVE preamps and AGGRESIVE amounts of feedback in amps. I also like a bit of a DEPRESSED high frequency response.

http://bipolar.about.com/

well, fred - if the psychosis fits wear it

Do any of the following seem to fit??

Bipolar
Borderline Personality Disorder
schizophrenia
Dissociative Identity Disorder
Histrionic Personality Disorder
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

:bigeyes:

or possibly a mix??

I mean, I would hate to think that you are completely normal, or might only have a run-of-the-mill average normal psychosis! ;)

Ken L

:wave:

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
I mean, I would hate to think that you are completely normal

Not much to fear in that department is there?:whazzat:
What is this place, a secret traning ground for psycholgist?:hypno2:
Fred

P.S. I did have roomate in college who's girl friend wanted to write her abnormal pysch paper on me, but nothing came of it. I don't think so anyway......:spin:

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
Sometimes one needs to keep his or her own mouth shut.

Then shut it by all means:shutup: I am not quite sure what constructive advice you are trying to offer me, if any. Perhaps you can go tell the moderators what you have your shorts in a knot about, because I don't have a clue what your personal beef with me is. I even went back and looked at your post to see if I had savaged you at some point in the distant past but found nothing. I would be happy to end this thread if every one else would.
:soapbox:

Thanks

Fred

grataku said:
Fred was banned for trolling and never quite left, or maybe there are some alter ego or some other personality of his that kept posting here all along without his knowledge? To tell the truth I liked the boisterous HH better than the new passive aggressive Fred, he would have DEMANDED an apology!
Now which one is it? Was it Fred that was asked to return or it was his lobbying and pleading (not threatening) or just his continuous presence here that got him reinstated by default??
Maybe he should get a fresh start, get a new ISP, a new IP address, I don't know.
At least not make it so obvious.

Peter
If the banning rule needs to be put to a vote so be it, it will have to be decided by ALL members and I will have no problem respecting the decision.

:sleep: ... :yawn: .... :)
Grataku,
it was me, causing that mess. I mean, suspending the ban from Fred Dieckmann, formerly known as HarryHaller. The other moderators have explained the situation well already, IU'd just like to add some comments.

Fred was driven from an inner urge to come back and to come back .... driving us almost nuts with it.
Another thing, someone else (we have a hunch who it was but even at this hour :yawn: i am not stupid enough to speak about without evidence) stole his name and posted under it and exposed him that way. :yuck:

Then Ken made a reasonable suggestion to play it straight and to beg for mercy, it came not from us moderators, it came from a member. I thot, heck, why not try it, but if, then now, and i decided to suspend Fred's ban under the condition he tries to get along and uses no more phony identities; he uses his own real life name as moniker.

Suspended ban means he is back in ban or sin bin for minor offenses. This implies that if he uses his abrasive way to defend himself now, he is walking on a rope with no net below and >50m to ground.
I expected that people shoot at him now. But i cannot but warn everyone to make abuse of this situation.

As i could observe he has not lost much of his abrasiveness, when he means it serious, he still can be quite edgy. Good, i have not expected him change his genetic patterns. And memyselfandi does not second babying stupidity. Just, as moderator, i cannot always give expression to that as mere members can.

What i can observe the last few days since, is that while being still abrasive, he is no longer harrassing people, he is intending to help. Makes a whole world of a difference to me.

Today i observed him in the tube board offering help with SS CCS. The initial schematic was something definitely wrong and the author made comparisons to C4S, a CCS developed by the late John Camille, audio guru extraordinaire. HH would have teared the guy to stripes, Fred still gave him an unpleasant reply but offered help to dig out that circuit. I could not believe my eyes.
Not the only case, just the most obvious one.

So the mess i have caused seems to work out well beyond any expectation. :cloud9:
We moderators have priorities. Letting justice happen is on this priority list. But not on top. On top is to get the forum run well and to get different mentalities get along together, get them to mutually inspire each other, get them to teamwork on a common target instead of targeting each other. To be family if you wish.

Isn't this worth a bit of unsatisfied justice? :)

Fred,
the initial circuit in the C4S thread reminds me on another thread, where a member posted a SET amp circuit with the driver tube having no load and no connection to B+. Like what i saw today, just still more on a beginner's level. Both cases gave me a similar lust to behave like HH in his worst times. To give the guy a set of lumps just for such militant stupidity. Back then i did not what i wanted to do, instead i helped the other members along to help the guy along. He has a working amp meanwhile. So it was today and will have similar results. :up:

Before i forget it, if you want mrfeedback to stay :shutup:, then you must demand him to talk. :D

Disabled Account
Joined 2001
Just thinking if we all get friendly and start behaving like gentlemen some of the enjoyment of visiting this site may go out the window.

Quite often I have gone to bed late in the evening wondering what someone is going to say to someone to finish off a round.

What about a fight thread where people can say anything they like within reason and then become "normal" when getting back to DIY business.

Just a thought.

Dice45 will probably shoot me down for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.