Banning or not banning, the beat goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
I was a big Monkees fan.....

Or rather, the music is over, but the beat goes on. :) By a popular demand I removed out of context parts of Aleph X thread and created a new thread. Since it's concerning mostly Fred, I opened it with his post, which probably triggered the whole thing. Enjoy it and as always, feel free to comment as you like.

Peter Daniel
Moderator :cop:

Back to Fred now:

Now I'm a believer!

Cheer up sleepy Jean
Oh what can it mean,

Fred

Attachments

• jmobile.jpg
    jmobile.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 344
Harry or Fred or whatever, the issues you are speaking of have been discussed and put to rest a long time ago by Nelson Pass himself so no need for you the come here and play "night in shining armor". All you are doing is making yourself look more like a psycho-jackass. If you have something technical to contribute do it, otherwise stay gone!

Peter,
correct me if I am wrong but wasn't HH banned? Why is he being allowed back under all kinds of aliases? The 172 IP alone should be a dead giveaway.
Nothing like having Harry Haller back, or FredDieckmann, or Alice Liddell or whatever his or her name is to take any thread and send it right down the tubes.
It's good to be reminded of why banning sometimes is a good thing.

grataku,

Since HH was so persistent with posting on a forum under he aliases after his was banned, but eventually apologised for everything and promised to be better, and because it seems like he can't live without our forum:), his ban was temporarily lifted on condition of proper behaviour. He is currently posting under his real name.

You might check this for better understanding: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...page=15&highlight=no more delays&pagenumber=1

Moderators,
so as long as one persist being a troll, keeps on trolling away, and convinces everyone that that is the way he or she is, all gets shept under the rug, that's an interesting theory.
Did he threaten you guys with suicide?

Peter, since you seem to be moderating this AlephX thread, how do you value fred's recent contributions? (remove the slices of capicolla from your eyes before looking)

It took me a couple of "f" words here and there to get a nice sin bin sentence, and change my evil ways. I guess I should have kept them up and all would have been forgiven. I afterall am the same person behind the keyboard.
Now I am really pissed off.

grataku said:

Peter, since you seem to be moderating this AlephX thread, how do you value fred's recent contributions? (remove the slices of capicolla from your eyes before looking)

It took me a couple of "f" words here and there to get a nice sin bin sentence, and change my evil ways. I guess I should have kept them up and all would have been forgiven. I afterall am the same person behind the keyboard.
Now I am really pissed off.

You have every right to be pissed off. If you check Fred's recent contributions in this thread , you'll notice that they are in line with mine, which is to discourage group purchasing of Aleph X boards. Maybe we are right, maybe not, but final word is not up to us. I'm done with a whole issue.

Grataku, by using f-word you directly violated forum rules and the action was taken. I remember that post and quite liked your spontaneus reaction. You live only once, right? :) We moderators, however, walk very thin line between right and wrong, and it's not always easy to behave proper balance. I noticed one thing thou. We inforce strick rules and people are not happy. We loosen up and introduce more relaxed approach, people are not happy again.;)

grataku said:
Moderators,
so as long as one persist being a troll, keeps on trolling away, and convinces everyone that that is the way he or she is, all gets shept under the rug, that's an interesting theory.

I would rather say, that person which was posting under HH name and currently as Fred, has more of a celebrity status here and celebrities are always created by their fans. Also, there is always a bunch of people who hate them. Let's see why:..is it because they are different?:angel:

We are very close to 100k mark in that thread, let's not spoil it before that. And remember, the chase is always better than a catch.;)

Peter,
I understand that the moderators held a vote on the issue.
Moderators simply have no business helding a vote on anything, expecially rules.
Moderators should be ENFORCING the EXISTING rules. If rules have to be changed then it's up to Jason as the supreme being in this site OR if he wants to keep the site democratic, a change in the rules should be voted by all members.

What we have here is a crappy kind of police state were the moderator make up the rule as they see fit, friends can help friends, and popularity rules.

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
That's gratakude for you

Well...... you have succeeded where the moderators failed. I did not not threaten anybody with anything. I had some reluctance to return and had quite a bit of disscusson with Dice45, and a few members before returning. I now don't feel welcome to post here and even reluctant to read the DIY forum if this is what I find here, whether it be a result of my presence or not. I now think the Sin Bin is not such a bad idea after all and will leave it to you to spead knowledge and humor in my place. I would much rather be banned, than the focus of post such as yours. I will not do anything as pointless as asking for an apology to me or to others who got read your delightful post. Thanks for the send off and your personal efforts to make the forum a better place for all.

I got the hint,

Fred:wave:

Not that this has anything to do with the topic:

Fred or possibly "Fred", if you continue to be the nice boy you've showed us since your return I welcome you back. It is a fact ,IMHO, that you have both experience and knowledge on most of the subjects discussed here that is not only huge but also very useful for us.

I for one would not mind if we let this rest at seeing a new member and not letting the past clog down the threads with old grudge. I am even reluctant to post this reply.

Moderators, for what it's worth I think you made the right decision. That will probably put me up for the next (AND CHECK THIS OUT PerAnders) position as hackkyckling. That would be the Swedish word for chop chicken meaning the person everybody picks on.

/UrSv

As a salute I may one day read:

Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility by Clayton Paul

High Speed Digital Design by Howard Johnson

EMC and the Printed Circuit Board: Design, Theory, and Layout Made Simple by Mark I. Montrose

And as a side note my avatar really reflects my personality.

Fred was banned for trolling and never quite left, or maybe there are some alter ego or some other personality of his that kept posting here all along without his knowledge? To tell the truth I liked the boisterous HH better than the new passive aggressive Fred, he would have DEMANDED an apology!
Now which one is it? Was it Fred that was asked to return or it was his lobbying and pleading (not threatening) or just his continuous presence here that got him reinstated by default??
Maybe he should get a fresh start, get a new ISP, a new IP address, I don't know.
At least not make it so obvious.

Peter
If the banning rule needs to be put to a vote so be it, it will have to be decided by ALL members and I will have no problem respecting the decision.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Gee... Chaos. F-chaos.
Come on boys, soon 100,000 reviews.
Hurry up. Pump up more.

The worst wheel of the cart always creaks most.
Everyone has a skeleton in his closet.
Many guys try to teach a fish how to swim.
The pot calls the kettle black.
Cut off your nose to spite your face.
To each his own.
Thick skinned.
Too many cooks spoil the broth.
Running around like a chicken with his head cut off.
Out of the frying pan into the fire.
Adding insult to injury.
Do not back him into a corner.
Even a worm will turn.
When the cats away, mice will play.
The good die young.
Time heals all wounds. Hopefully....................................

Really, all hell breaks loose.
Gee... F-chaos!

Why can't we just drop it and move forward?

One of the great things about this place is that the rules are essentially simple guidelines along the lines of "the Golden Rule" - do unto others as you would have them do to you.

That also contributes to many of our problems. But to my mind the cure is worse than the disease.

We cannot have it both ways - our choices range between restrictions that would choke creativity and human expression to anarchy that would destroy the site.

Negativity begets negativity - and has a major tendency to feed on itself till it gets out of proportion.
In Real Life (versus Cyberspace), most of us ignore the petty Bulls**t instead of letting it ruin our day and our mood.

Can we attempt to do that on this matter - at this point in time and from this point forward?

What's done is done, and has been done for some time - must we continue to dredge it up forever?

LIfe isn't perfect or perfectly fair, nor is the site, nor are the moderators, nor are the members.

This is a situation that no matter what had been done in whatever manner more than one_ somebody_ would be unhappy with the resolution.

Let us all just get over it and move forward here as we do in real life.

Please.

Ken L

Status
Not open for further replies.