Frequency CUT and a HOLE in frequency range...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi people, I think this will be an useful topic :att'n:

Well, today I buit one crossover, that there's no variable resistor to set the frequency

http://www.geocities.com/petripyk/jakosuodin_subbari.htm

That's the Xover... Ok, I built with 90Hz cut, that is the most high frequency cut described in that site.

Then I connected it to a 70W Rms amp and one 100W RMS 12" Sub.

The Mid and High was two TDA 2050 connected with two 3,5" 4Ohms 30W acoustics by a 47uF capacitor.

I played Norah Jones and in the same time I hated how the thing was sounding. I heard LOW frequences and HIGH frequences... There was a hole in the middle of frequency range.

Ok, I removed the 47uF caps, so the acoustics started to play all frequencies, then everything was batter, but I still thinink the sound was horrible.

Then I connected a crossover with variable frequency, then I set it to 180Hz, and the sound was MUCH better.

So, I think I need a decent Crossover with variable frequency, then I'll can hear music without a hole in the middle of frequency range.

Now I ask all of you, what frequency should I cut the sub and the acoustics? :dodgy: Anyone felt the same thing like me?

I'm waiting for opinions :)

edit: I liked MUCH MORE the sound of a full range that I have here. It's able to play 30 ~ 18Khz sounds. I have in my bedroom one set that I like much too. 4x 20W Speakers (16Ohms) connected with a 50W 8Ohms amp, and a 10" 125W 4Ohms Band pass sub with a 100W amp. . This amp is connected to "Subwoofer OUT" in my Mini System, and the four acoustics are conected to it's amplified out. I don't know what is the frequency cut, but it realy sound good... The 100W amp and Band Pass sub, I built by myself.

Thanks !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.