Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2002, 12:59 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Banning

Why is it everytime we have a newbie to the forum, with much good and sensible experience to relate for the good of the community here, like Elwood P Dowd, they get banned.
Also when a member like Bill Fitzpatrick who is consistently being abrasive, has a post put to him showing up his rudeness, and the post is deleted ?.
Somethings don't add up here, and the relevant moderators are still unaccountable, and still do not post examples of errant behaviour.

Eric.
Old 24th October 2002, 01:11 AM   #2
Warp Engineer
On Holiday

All the characters that got banned were HH sock puppets
Old 24th October 2002, 01:23 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

There are a million sockpuppets around here - but the HH ones are informative/experienced/funny - many others are not any of those.

Eric.
Old 24th October 2002, 01:40 AM   #4
diyAudio Senior Member

Default Fred Dieckmann

Eric,

Got the feeling you missed some news here.
Fred is Elwood,HH and so on.
Bernhard reregistrered him under his proper name (we all assume that) so Elwood had to die for transparency's sake.
Just to fill you in.

Regards,
Old 24th October 2002, 01:40 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Default Million sockpuppets

Actually 3054 as of now, less few numbers for the members who decided to go under their true names, like yours truly and Fred.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 24th October 2002, 01:41 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

The posts that got deleted were those in which mrfeedback made a racial slur and was taken to task for it by myself. Rather than let it contine, a moderator had sense enough to get rid of it.

You want a post showing errant behaviour, mrfeedback? Here's one.

You're an idiot and it shows. You've got the worst web site I've ever seen for a business - the map is unreadable and the photos suck. Nothing about you speaks even remotely of quality. It's clear why you keep a roll of toilet paper handy.

No doubt this post, and perhaps this thread will get deleted and I may even wind up in the sin bin but it's about time someone got in your face.
Old 24th October 2002, 01:45 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Mr. Fitzpatrick,

By now everybody's got so used to your comments, that they rarely are taken seriously.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 24th October 2002, 01:46 AM   #8
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

by mrfeedback:
Quote:
Also when a member like Bill Fitzpatrick who is consistently being abrasive,...
I think Bill has been pretty good lately. You have to admit Eric, he's gone from a course 00 grit to a silky smooth 100 grit (just a little abrasive).

Rodd Yamashita

P.S. Opps I took too long to post. Oh well back to the 00
Old 24th October 2002, 02:01 AM   #9
Account Disabled

I am very carefully waddling through the *****.
I know what I feel when I find my foot on the *****.
Soon it could be too many ***** to waddle through.
There should be a real willing to remove the *****.
I mean the willing to remove them by ourselves.

Chaos.
Old 24th October 2002, 02:10 AM   #10
diyAudio Retiree

Default All the characters that got banned were HH sock puppets

Actually one got rounded up that wasn't mine but might have been on loan from someone else at the time. And no don't even think about asking who.......
Actually Harry Haller was as bad is any of them. I think that the concept sock puppets is not that bad, but this got out of control and post of those tone under one name would be just as unexceptable and I will be the first to admitt that some were unacceptable. I am embarrased to read some of them now. The original alter ego in the group was created to harrass Harry Haller and another pompous poster as a fun diversion. It was not even my creation. I think that many of the puppet post were harmless fun but many others were petty and uncalled for. The ones in between seemed to cause the most trouble. People missed the humor of many of them. Some enjoyed seeing the air let out of a few over inflated ego way too much, while others saw the same post as destructive attacks against respected long time forum members. Some were so out there that I thought no one could be offended or take them seriously. Guy Grand throwing a fit and threatening to go to the moderators because some one was putting him on about "alligator clips" was so funny to me that I could hardly type. But a very serious apology was offered to Guy. But humor, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Innocent new users being met with "Hi Harry" post were hardly in any one's best interest. I do miss Guy Grand though, as it was carefully planned persona that was so different than my own personality. It was created such carefully planned Britishness that it was great fun. And yes I love the British. Basil Fawlty and Reginald Perrin are Gods!

I may give some explanations one day for some of the names and pictures choices as most were not arbitrary and had significance to me. That is if I don't get banned on the spot for even bringing this subject up.....

Fred

Hide this!Advertise here!