Banning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Why is it everytime we have a newbie to the forum, with much good and sensible experience to relate for the good of the community here, like Elwood P Dowd, they get banned.
Also when a member like Bill Fitzpatrick who is consistently being abrasive, has a post put to him showing up his rudeness, and the post is deleted ?.
Somethings don't add up here, and the relevant moderators are still unaccountable, and still do not post examples of errant behaviour.

Eric.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Fred Dieckmann

Eric,

Got the feeling you missed some news here.
Fred is Elwood,HH and so on.
Bernhard reregistrered him under his proper name (we all assume that) so Elwood had to die for transparency's sake.
Just to fill you in.

Regards,:)

The posts that got deleted were those in which mrfeedback made a racial slur and was taken to task for it by myself. Rather than let it contine, a moderator had sense enough to get rid of it.

You want a post showing errant behaviour, mrfeedback? Here's one.

You're an idiot and it shows. You've got the worst web site I've ever seen for a business - the map is unreadable and the photos suck. Nothing about you speaks even remotely of quality. It's clear why you keep a roll of toilet paper handy.

No doubt this post, and perhaps this thread will get deleted and I may even wind up in the sin bin but it's about time someone got in your face.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I am very carefully waddling through the *****.
I know what I feel when I find my foot on the *****.
Soon it could be too many ***** to waddle through.
There should be a real willing to remove the *****.
I mean the willing to remove them by ourselves.

Chaos.

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
All the characters that got banned were HH sock puppets

Actually one got rounded up that wasn't mine but might have been on loan from someone else at the time. And no don't even think about asking who.......
Actually Harry Haller was as bad is any of them. I think that the concept sock puppets is not that bad, but this got out of control and post of those tone under one name would be just as unexceptable and I will be the first to admitt that some were unacceptable. I am embarrased to read some of them now. The original alter ego in the group was created to harrass Harry Haller and another pompous poster as a fun diversion. It was not even my creation. I think that many of the puppet post were harmless fun but many others were petty and uncalled for. The ones in between seemed to cause the most trouble. People missed the humor of many of them. Some enjoyed seeing the air let out of a few over inflated ego way too much, while others saw the same post as destructive attacks against respected long time forum members. Some were so out there that I thought no one could be offended or take them seriously. Guy Grand throwing a fit and threatening to go to the moderators because some one was putting him on about "alligator clips" was so funny to me that I could hardly type. But a very serious apology was offered to Guy. But humor, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. Innocent new users being met with "Hi Harry" post were hardly in any one's best interest. I do miss Guy Grand though, as it was carefully planned persona that was so different than my own personality. It was created such carefully planned Britishness that it was great fun. And yes I love the British. Basil Fawlty and Reginald Perrin are Gods!

I may give some explanations one day for some of the names and pictures choices as most were not arbitrary and had significance to me. That is if I don't get banned on the spot for even bringing this subject up.....

Fred

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Alligata'

Fred,

Guy Grand throwing a fit and threatening to go to the moderators because some one was putting him on about "alligator clips" was so funny to me that I could hardly type. But a very serious apology was offered to Guy. But humor, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

I had a good laugh with that one too.
It was brilliant!
Unfortunately for for me I got so concentrated on the topic..well you know the rest of that story.
Sorely miss some of the post we made on that day.
Transmissionline theory applied to MC cartridges,ah those were the days.:D

Cherio,

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
the members who decided to go under their true names

Ummmm... That decision was made for me against my wishes. This was complicated by that fact that someone created a false member entry under my real name and the member entry never got removed completely, despite my repeated request. This is the only time I have gotten furious about anything here and sent abuse reports to the ISP of said offender. This is very close to indentity theft or fraud and I really considered legal action exect for the fact that it was done from Europe. I know who it was but don't have the legal proof. Getting reinstated under my real name is stiil a sore point with me as it restriction that seems to be limited to me. It has served little point as the Harry Fred connection is pretty well known by everyone here. If it had been disscussed with me ahead of time, I would not have agreed to it. But a member name had already been established under my real name so what could I do? I was drafted folks.

Fred

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: All the characters that got banned were HH sock puppets

Fred Dieckmann said:
Actually one got rounded up that wasn't mine but might have been on loan from someone else at the time. And no don't even think about asking who.......

A poor unfortunate soul with a single post from Down Under. The moderator who acted in haste got a spanking...

dave

Fred,

thanx for your statement. Thanx for setting the community straight. :)

The person you adress has a sockpuppet still active here, i cannot hep feeling. Just, no legal proof. :(

Bill,
you are a naughty boy and due to our rules i am forced to take action as otherwise peanuts will be counted. :sarge: So: 3 seconds sin bin. :grumpy: 1... 2... 3... over. :)
Next time, do not insult, simply observe sharply and tell the truth. Hits more. ;)

mrfeedback,

grit 40 from my side, it's called 00 for you i suppose.

You sustain to question moderator autorities without making the attempt to to use private email for having your unease settled. Your actions imply this is a mean police state. You are rashly eager to shout: Injustice! Your attitude, yor reality.
Oh, and you are 98% non-reponding if one of us moderators asks you to stay back from pouring oil into fires.

I have not crosschecked what Bill Fitzpatrick claimed, this is personal opinion. Quite an offensive one.
Anyway, i do not care. I intentionally act partial now; your attitude just asks for it and IMO you would not perceive it if i would act different.
High time for a set of lumps.You asked for it several times, you got it from Bill. Peter did not intercede and I do not feel any urge to intercede either.

Take a look at Ken L's actions and compare them to yours. He acts as moderator without being appointed to, he sticks out his neck. He does it in a way not making our job more difficult. Not interfering with our autority. Like i did before i was appointed, just he does it better.

----------------
Bernhard
(diyAudio moderator)

To correct you Bill, I did not make any racial slur - that was by someone else.

I actually asked "why" in response to previous posts, and included this quote from YOU. .
"You need to get a grip pal and perhaps even a life. An education wouldn't hurt either."

Also I have not met you on any other forum, so indeed it must be you who has such a run in with someone (many ?).

You're an idiot and it shows. You've got the worst web site I've ever seen for a business - the map is unreadable and the photos suck. Nothing about you speaks even remotely of quality. It's clear why you keep a roll of toilet paper handy.

Bill, I am in the business of repairing real world equipment and my website in its current form gets the message across to local people who go searching for real world repairers about where I am I located, and how I can be contacted.

If you follow the "map" link you get a readable enough picture to get the needy to my door.
And when I get a digital camera, I will take some better pixs - I had a brief borrow of one in early days, so they had to do.
Sure I'll get around to making it more fancy sometime, but for now it gets me all the business that I can handle.

Speaking of quality, I went through my database records last week and pulled these figures out of around 1000 repairs over the last year.
Total returns - 23

Short term returns total - 11

Short term genuine returns - 7
heads resoiled by dirty tape - 3
dry joint that I missed - 2
additional to reported fault that I missed - 2
Short term faulty customer returns - 4
Mis-operation by customer - 2
Mis-reinstallation by customer - 2
Long term (>4 weeks) returns total - 12
dry joint that I missed - 2
faulty new capacitor - 1 (recently, dried after 4 months)
noisey contacts/pots - 7 (I used Cramolin Conta-clean briefly and now will not use it ever again)
line output transformer failure - 1 (aging, after 4 months)
Yoke failure - 1 (aging, after 7 months)

All items get an internal and external compressed air clean, and an exterior clean with a cloth and ammonia soloution and go back looking and performing like new.
A workshop return rate of less than 2% is considered as pretty bloody good, and I defy most repairs technicians to do any better.
I use a fair amount of tissue for cleaning operations, and I use recycled toilet paper for this purpose as I figure that it is about the most environmentally friendly soloution available, and economical to boot.

Peter, yes much like the boy who kept crying 'wolf' - after a while the elders of the village ignored the attention seeking little boy who thought he was being funny.

Rodd, yes a bit better lately, but not good enough.

Moderators, this is another unforgivable outburst from BF, and additional to the all too commonly negative or confrontational posts by him.
In my opinion, and compared to any of the HH stuff, this behaviour goes well past all limits, and I second that he be BANNED, and no further aliases allowed, and right now would not be soon enough - attitude problems are not welcome here.

Eric.

Accualy i'd like to see Mr.feedback's website,I mean come on so his site might not look like national's (not degrading Mr. just making examples) so what? have you ever bought what he is selling? I say if the product quality is good what does the site matter,Frankly it wouldn't to me if he sold me a good item.
Frankly I think all this fighting is childish (no insults ment here) and i think if we all tried instead of getting angry and fighting just because we don't agree with someone elses veiws on HH or in any sense we could end most of it. Personally i enjoy this site very much and think any fighting between productive members would only give it a black eye. And as far as mod's doing unjust banning on parties whom may not have been involved or "sock puppets" as it were,It is really not that big of a deal,If it happend to me accedently i would be quite content with an apology from the mod who did it and to not have my name on the sin bin list. I know computer's and todays tech can be confusing and since 2 computers at diffrent times can be assigned the same IP it happens. Just my 2 cents.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.