Let me know what you think.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here my design for my passive pre-amplifier. It does have two active crossovers in it to make a high pass for the TB's and a low pass for subwoofer. I also threw in a volume control, source selector, and gain controls for each channel of the high pass, and one for the low pass. Those are important because I do not plan on a volume control on my amplifier, just an on and off switch. I might take out the subwoofer gain as the plate amplifier has one, but it would be convenient to have one on hand and not under the desk.

I currently have the TB W3-871's, which I plan to switch over to John "Zaph" Krutke's box 3 design with notch filter.

The subwoofer will be a TB W6-1139SG ported to 34 Hz, in a .5 cubic foot box. Dimensions are, 10.6 W, 15.4 H, 7.8 D, with 1 inch diameter port by three inches long, Powered by a Dayton 25wRMS plate amplifier. It gives a nice flat output, and has -3db roll off at 30 Hz. Not bad for a 6.5 inch woofer huh?

The Hagerman bugle may come a bit later.... I plan to have a separate power supply from the bugle itself because of the design of the bugle. I can also run it on 9v batteries if I need too.

The crossovers and power supply are made by Marchand Electronics Inc. They are kits, as well as the amplifier by Tubes and More. Chassis choices are undetermined.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Sorry about the sideway image, photobucket would not take it horizontally, at least at a decent size.