Pledge Drive for TLS.org - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd October 2002, 06:15 AM   #1
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Pledge Drive for TLS.org

Fellow DIYers.

(before anyone starts screaming SPAM, i cleared this with Jason long before i was a moderator, and this is actually the 2nd post on the subject)

I am asking for assistance with maintaining the prescence of my website from those who are able -- no donation is too small. The success of my site has turned to a liability with daily visitors now averaging 300 a day and myself struggling thru a time of underemployment. Details are on the Sponsor's Page at my website. The initial flurry of sponsors were very generous and have kept me going for the last while, but, like public radio or TV it is time to ask again.

There is also there, a link to a complete copy of the site as it existed some 3 1/2 years ago.

Thank you for your attention.

dave
Old 22nd October 2002, 09:02 AM   #2
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Best of luck Dave!
Old 22nd October 2002, 10:41 AM   #3
diyAudio Moderator

Dave ,

US$ any use, I have some notes from the last time I was in Las Vegas, I would be willing to send you, otherwise I suppose I will have to put another dent in my credit card
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 22nd October 2002, 04:29 PM   #4
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason
Best of luck Dave!
Thank you for your donation, Jason.

dave
Old 22nd October 2002, 04:31 PM   #5
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
Dave ,

US$ any use, I have some notes from the last time I was in Las Vegas, I would be willing to send you, otherwise I suppose I will have to put another dent in my credit card
Pinkmouse,

Thank you.

US$ are fine. You can get my address by following the link to the planetsofta page.

dave
Old 23rd October 2002, 09:13 AM   #6
peterr is offline peterr  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Dave,
Of course I will donate some. But as I am in the Netherlands I am trying to find out the best way to do so ( especially after reading the paypal thread) I'd prefer to use Visa but how do I go about that? I am hesitant to just call the number on your site because of time difference.
Old 23rd October 2002, 05:00 PM   #7
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by peterr
Dave,
Of course I will donate some. But as I am in the Netherlands I am trying to find out the best way to do so ( especially after reading the paypal thread) I'd prefer to use Visa but how do I go about that? I am hesitant to just call the number on your site because of time difference.
The time difference is 8 or 9 hrs. And our office is at our home, so we are here most of the time. I got a call from a US Air Force fellow yesterday stationed not far from you. he phoned at 10 or so, and it was about 1 o'clock here. We had a nice chat.

And despite that the 1-888 number is only supposed to work in North America, he had no trouble with it -- the world continues to shrink.

dave
Old 28th October 2002, 04:46 PM   #8
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by peterr
Of course I will donate some.
peterr,

Thank you very much for your donation.

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!