Paypal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And here you have it:

I signed up with AnyPay. All that went well, and I am now trying to get verified. And yes, it doesn't work :(

- I want to verify my bank account number. It seems to be only available for German and US bank accounts....
- I want to verify my credit card number. Well, that takes some time, so i'll have to wait.
- I want to verify my mobile phone number. Ehrm.. where do I do that? Although I click the link "verify mobile phone" I end up in a menu just to add and manage phone numbers.. No buttons to verify here....

This is not good for my trust in AnyPay... :worried:

Bouke

[edit]
I've been thinking: I think I can tacle the German account problem easily. I live in Enschede, and Gronau (Germany) is less than 20 km away... So if that works, I think AnyPay still remains the best option for me
[/edit]

- I want to verify my bank account number. It seems to be only available for German and US bank accounts....
Hello Bouke:
International members who have completed their PayPal membership have the status of "International-Verified."
Note: "International-Verified" is not the same thing as "Verified".
(this means for instance that "International-Verified"- members are not covered by the PayPal Buyer and Seller Policies).
Verifying a bank account number is possible for members with an US bank account exclusively! At least this is how it is at present, maybe they are going to change that for the future.

Exchange Rates

As a mater of interest, I have been told by a long-time Visa employee that if you can work a transaction so that the currency exchange is done by Visa rather than by a bank, that you will get the best possible exchange rate. The reason is that Visa is not supossed to make a profit themselves from their transactions because they are owned by all the member banks and the members want to be the ones to record the profits if possible.

All,
me too had problems to register my German bank account at AnyPay. methings, they encounter a software problem with the bank account data inpuot mask.

I wrote them an email, no response yet.
Hate to admit it, not good for my trust.
But if this is a software problem with that website, they may have their inbox overflowing of similar appeals, so i give them some more days to respond.

There is another thing not right with AnyPay... If I understand it right, they can only verify German, UK and US bank accounts. Moreover, they only accept credit card payments from accounts in those banks :(

Am I right with this? if so, it's no use for me to use my account there, and I'm appointed to Paypal anyhow :(

Bouke

Bouke,
thanx for lifting my blindfold. I re-searched the e-gold site, found the info i expected there to be.

All,
Anypay did not contact me so far. So it seems not like a valid option to me anymore. Yesterday i registered with www.e-gold.com and also with www.goldmoney.com as backup solution.
I will use those goldbased e-currencies and platforms as far as possible and appropriate for int'l transactions. I'll report how well it works.

They do nothing to protect you. All they can do is a few emails.

My experience having used paypal for 90% of internet purchses is quite contrary.
I have been using paypal for five years now without ANY problems.
After having a problem with a seller, I was able to within a week have the charges reversed and get my money back.

The same process took over six weeks when I got VISA to reverse the charges.

cocolino said:
Hello Bouke:
International members who have completed their PayPal membership have the status of "International-Verified."
Note: "International-Verified" is not the same thing as "Verified".
(this means for instance that "International-Verified"- members are not covered by the PayPal Buyer and Seller Policies).
Verifying a bank account number is possible for members with an US bank account exclusively! At least this is how it is at present, maybe they are going to change that for the future.

I think, think (might be wrong) that Canadians are exempt from that one. I'm a paypal member, with about 150 or so transactions, and have a ebay rating of about 47 or so. I've done many a transaction outside of ebay, by using ebay adverts/auctions in the first place. Many times, it's repeat buys from the same seller, from ebay.

When I make an ebay purchase, and use paypal to pay, the money comes straight out of my bank account.

If you are international, lets say in Germany...find a bank that operates in the US, and has branches in Germany. Go to the German branch, in person, wih all your ID.

Ask specifically for a 'US account', one based in the US. They can usually supply one, so you can become verified as a paypal member. US verified, I mean.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.