wanting to start a H/T project <<<NEWB!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
wanting to start a H/T project <<<NEWB!!

Ok well i've been into caraudio for a while and want some bass in my room to connect to my computer, tv, xbox and was wondering where do i start??? I want to keep it on a low budget. For a a 5.1 receiver prolly under $100 shipped... what kind of speakers will i need??? Obviously a sub, but can i just get like full range speakers? like some tangbands or what? i have no clue 2 will prolly be enough??? LOL any point in the right direction will help, thanks... any links to some receivers, speakers, subs ( i do mostly bass) i can build the box(s) in woods class. Would i be better off just getting a logitech 5.1 system for like $100 off ebay? If u really wanted to help me u could im me on aim at ForzaMS05 . thankssssss

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi,

I was avoiding this one because I like my speakers big so my opinion is less useful than others.

If the money is tight then a full range all round is likely your best option. Tangbands have a decent price point. For the woofer, they also have the 740C but thats 50 bucks on it's own and you still need a plate amp.

What's your total budget? Have you browsed parts express or other order house?

So I need a plate amp? i was hoping to just use my receiver (im lookin for one 5.1 under $100)... , alright so i need fullrang espeakers like 2??? can anyone recommend some descent ones from like partsexpress or something? im guessing i'll just get 2 and get 1 sub and make boxes forall them. but can u recommend somee subs to look at 2, i browsed the websites and idk wat to look for. thx

You will need a plate amp for most applications, since I truly doubt a <$100 reciever will have onboard amping for a sub (only a sub output).

"alright so i need fullrang espeakers like 2???"

Ok, not too sure what that means. If you want to run a 5.1 setup you'll need at least 5 full range drivers and a subwoofer. I really don't think you're going to find that many useful responses if you don't clarify your situation further.

Budget: $xxx-yyy?
Desired size: ?
Intended use: Xbox, TV, Computer.....?
Room size: ?

Seriously go back to those links I posted with designs on them. Mull them over a bit and see if any of them seem like what you want. If you are looking to just build something for cheap to try your hand at it check out Zaph's Speaker 18, the drivers are inexpensive, the enclosure is simple, and they sound good to boot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.