Sad news

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also had no idea who Bob was...until I did a Google search....

From http://www.chicagoaudio.org/newsletters/cas0399.html

Bob Crump has been around the audio community for quite a few years, having special interests in cabling and various tweaks such as mechanical isolation. A native of Evanston, Bob lives in Houston, Texas and is visiting Marty before they drive up together for our meeting. Bob will show the new CTC Blowtorch preamp (CTC stands for Curl-Thompson-Crump), and it is a no holds barred solid state design. Bob will demonstrate it (line stage only, phono stage coming) along with his latest upgrade of the Vendetta Research phono stage (also designed by John Curl and Mr. Thompson). You be the judge of what the designers have accomplished. Bob is a lot of fun and knows what he's talking about.

And http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/1103/parasoundjc1.htm

But this time things would be different. Parasound CEO Richard Schram, eager to produce a bulls-to-the-wall flagship amplifier, commissioned John Curl to bring in Bob Crump and Carl Thompson, his partners in CTC Builders, to create a truly great amplifier that could sell for a less-than-stratospheric price tag. CTC Builders might be thought of as a three-headed design superhero -- Curl designs the circuits, Thompson engineers the board layouts, and Crump selects all of the parts, wires, etc., and voices the final product.

R.I.P. Mr. Crump

-Ken

{off topic as usual}

Thanks a bunch, Al.
Maplin no longer carries it, i've been searching myself silly.
RS in Holland does not carry this one, neither does Romal.
However, RS in the UK and Germany do, i forgot to check RS international.
Cheapest i found in the US was Markertek, at $219.90 for a 250 feet rail.
Think it will last me for the remainder? :clown:

Sometime ago I was about to start a cable company and I did ordered a spool from Belden USA through the local importer. Customs charged an arm and a leg for it, so beware.
It ended up at 400 € total :dead:

The spool is only a few metres short, which means I´m a lousy salesman... anyway my own system wouldn´t sound so nice without these cords.

So how about that as a teaser? Model 1 and Model 2.
Double runs of 19364 sound better :cool:

Attachments

• temporario 054.jpg
    temporario 054.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 248
Obrigado, Paulo.

Nice cable picture, i forgot to wrap the drooling towel around my neck as usual.

The cost of importing from the US is probably even worse here, i posted the Markertek price for someone in the US who might be interested.
Workwise i monitor prices for steel and non-ferros, copper rates have risen and are still rising. So has average price level of cables, Mouser sells the 19364 for $ 327.

I've been searching for the Belden19364 for many months, and grabbed the opportunity for asking on this thread, i'm not a thread starter.
The Belden 19364 seems a unique cable, i have went through the catalogues of several other cable manufacturers, none of them had a comparable model.
(not even counting the jute strand :clown: )

A reel of 250 feet Belden cable weighs in at about 27.5 lbs with box, shipping costs to Europe will be pretty high.
Vat here is 19%, as in Portugal. Last year i had a browl on the telephone with a customs guy, they are having a fling with the US. With import fees added, of which customs will not give me an answer for the level of the rate, the price for importing a reel will be much higher than $400.
At RS components in Germany the cost is around $300, including the vat, without shipping costs. Ordering a reel using my company vat number will probably save me the $50 tax, so the total will likely be under the $300 mark.

Thought about offering the Belden to other EU audio fools ? Can imagine you'll have an empty reel within a week.

Hi jacco,

Sorry for the delay

jacco vermeulen said:

Nice cable picture, i forgot to wrap the drooling towel around my neck as usual.

:D

I've been searching for the Belden19364 for many months, and grabbed the opportunity for asking on this thread, i'm not a thread starter.

Well, I´m sure Bob wouldn´t mind, afterall we´re perpectuating his legacy. Anyway now he´s too bizzy chasing nymphs :)

The Belden 19364 seems a unique cable, i have went through the catalogues of several other cable manufacturers, none of them had a comparable model.
(not even counting the jute strand :clown: )

Yeah, it´s very thoughtafter. There´s even a drain wire to link the shield to ground.

Vat here is 19%, as in Portugal.

VAT here is now 21% :bawling: . The working people is losing consumer power each day. I bought the reel in 2001 for 80.000$00 (400€) and today that money is worth about 4/5 .

Thought about offering the Belden to other EU audio fools ? Can imagine you'll have an empty reel within a week.

Yes, I think the 19364 would make lots of people happy, as well as the teflon cat5 and the 3M 3609/100. Problem is, I´m not sure everyone would be willing to pay the price I´d have to ask for the 19364 (akin to 10€/metre + shipping).
I still get overenthusiastic about launching a low-priced cable company that would show the local market a thing or two. Easier said than done, but it comes and goes :rolleyes: .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.