pioneer sa9500II AMPS - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything related to audio / video / electronics etc) BUT remember- we have many new forums where your thread may now fit! .... Parts, Equipment & Tools, Construction Tips, Software Tools......

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st November 2005, 05:29 AM   #21
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Here is a pic of the back of a north american spec SA7500 -- will give the gist.

dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sa7600-back.jpg (69.1 KB, 54 views)
Old 21st November 2005, 01:48 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default pioneer amp

hi dave...totally,yea....mine is almost exactly the same as this on the back except it has a round voltage selector..

same layout,same inputs and outputs,same type of mains lead....everything same..
so i reckon this mains lead is the origional on mine then seeing as this one on the pic also has a 2 wired one....so is it double insulated then?
.....and it does not need any earthing from the mains cable i take it.....ahhhhhhhhhhhh...good to know....
dunno y someone who had it before me added a wire to one of the ground terminals and put it into the ac plug.....?!!!!!!
anyhow,mine is still cutting out if i touch the mains lead or it is knocked
so im just about to try cutting it down abit as i said b4....
also is this yours on the pic???...if so does it have the same eq switch on the front?.....mine is dodgy..if i try using it one speaker will cut out and its well crackly...maybe just needs a new switch...
thanks for the pic...these things weigh a tonn...and no way did i want to take it to a shop.......its almost taken root on the old speaker iv got it sitting on...!!!!

snix...8)
Old 21st November 2005, 01:54 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default amp ting

hi variac...yea i will m8...hehe...
ill be staying on here now i reckon ,,,,its well useful and needed for me,
and i like it
ill let you know asap when iv tried that....
next stage is openein it to see whats goin on with the dodgy eq switch.....and see if anything else needs fixing...
shouts,
snix...8)
Old 22nd November 2005, 01:35 AM   #24
dce is offline dce  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to dce
Default nicole

try cleaning the switch first and see if cracking sound goes away,
I dont think the switches are still available.
sometimes leaky coupling caps can cause cracking sound too.

dce
Old 26th November 2005, 02:53 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Default pioneer amp

hiya,
well yea it obviously was a broken wire causin that prob with the mains...and i fixed that in 5 mins...so still here,,,no blow ups..

just lettin everyone who replied to me and helped me know that its sorted that problem.....now its just the eq switch....gr8...
its amazin that it still works so well considering its age..and for 20 pounds i paid for it cant complain at all..

so thanks..and ill stay on here in future....sure lots of you know wots wot with all the technical stuff,
so c u l8r,easy,
nicole..8)

Hide this!Advertise here!